Droid Camera Button

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Lol Hey the way I see it, this phone is a damn investment, really, think about how much money you put into it and tell me it's a waste of money to buy a couple cans of cheap paint to keep the phone looking like new. Hell if I scratched off a bunch of the black paint I'd consider sanding the surface of the damn thing and repainting it too lol

OP

88g

Reaction score
This is a design problem. I think if the stock button is black, then everything will be fine.

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
Make the camera button a hold switch and I will be happy. I would then use MyLock to disable the onscreen lock.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

smrivera80

Reaction score
Frankly, I had to go get my phone to make sure I knew what you guys were talking about. :mad: I barely noticed the color. I know, I know, how can you not know what color the camera button is? Maybe cuz I rarely use it. I use the virtual button about 99% of the time, just like I now use the virtual keyboard 99.9999% of the time. This is a 180° from when I first got the phone, of course.

This looks to be a pretty teeny tiny repair job and I don't think I'd want my run-of-the-mill Verizon store employee swapping this out anyway.

I'm just saying.... :icon_ lala:

MrTommy, I know this is completely off topic, but I am EXACTLY the same way. The Droid is my first touch screen device, so I relied heavily on the physical keyboard and camera button at first. But that lasted about two days until I realized how responsive and wonderful the virtual keys were! It's been nearly two weeks since I even slid the keyboard out!

cpinto

Reaction score
My Droid is about 3 months old and the camera button looks like new. I use it very often.

The problem I have with it and the volume button is that they both feel loose with very little travel. The camera button clicks, but has little or no travel at all.

They feel like they are about to fall out.

tu3218

Reaction score
Gold paint completely came off camera button

I know I remember this being posted before and it sort of happned on my old droid. But this time, it allll came off :(. The white looks horrible. For anyone this happened to, what did you do??

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can't really do anything, it's a cosmetic thing so you can't return it. I guess you could paint it if you wanted to.

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
The paint is completely gone off of mine. I find it unpleasing to the eye, but I'm not sure what to do. If I were to complain to someone, it would be Verizon, because they sold it to me. We can only offer suggestions which I would be more than happy to do!

Here is the previous topic I am still subscribed to for more information:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/35583-droid-camera-button.html

Out of all the complaining (rightfully I suppose), I only found one guy offering a suggestion and it was kind of amusing so here ya go

Tsh, pop it out, prop it, hit it with a shot of adhesive spraypaint, then hit it with a shot of gold Krylon Fusion, then a shot of Krylon Fusion clearcoat. Done.

Wow! How about just press the button and look the other way.... :wink:

I'd like to comment on MrTommy's suggestion, although it's helpful, I certainly do not like paying for products that are 1000%+ in materials to fix it than it SHOULD cost to manufacture (or purchase even purchase in bulk if it's a real problem) a new one. Either way, none of this should be a big issue, they should have designed the buttons like every other button, because fewer people seem to be complaining about those.

I'm sure we wouldn't MISS The gold button if it was never there in the first place, am I right??

Last edited:

iPirate

Reaction score
Are you rough with your phone? Mine is still fine after 6 months, I hardly use it though

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Re: Gold paint completely came off camera button

mine is half gone

Sent from my Droid

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine is completely gone. If it was black plastic, I wouldn't even care. Unfortunately, the white plastic sticks out like a sore thumb on a black and gold phone.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I think it's humorous I left a few comments in this thread originally and NOW a small spec of white decides to show lol

I'm slightly torn between indifference and the reminder of my investment comment. If/when it fully wears off I may see how easy it is to pop out and if so I already have high grit sandpaper and spraypaint adhesive, just need to get either a small can of gold or black paint for plastic (i.e. Krylon Fusion). The way I see it, if you're not rough with your phone, then it shouldn't look like you're rough with it.

If I'm prone to tapping into things while driving and have the scratches and dings to prove it, after a while I'll probably stop giving a damn, but if I just walk out to go to work and I've got a dent in the car, no matter how small, I'd sooner repair it than blow it off.