Droid Bluetooth Issue

rpotato

Reaction score
Hi,

I have noticed an issue with my Droid losing connectivity with the bluetooth adapter in my car after periods of long use (~15 to 20 minutes). The phone will connect to the car BT and initially, calls will be placed (or received) normally. Upon attempting to place another call, the radio will mute and the display will show the number dialed and the call timer will start. However audio is not transferred to the car's speakers. The call is connected only through the Droid itself.

The only way to restore proper bluetooth functionality is to power cycle the phone. Disabling and re-enabling BT does not work. Also, sometimes, the phone will reboot itself.

This is a problem since hands-free is the law in my state and trying to unlock and reset a touchscreen phone is challanging to do while driving...Hence the purpose of the hands free kit.

I am using a Droid with the 2.1 software (not rooted). I have reached out to Verizon and their suggestion was to reset the phone to factory and try again. Same problem. This happens with 3 different Droids in two different cars. Once car uses a Motorola IHF1000 aftermarket kit and the other is a Volvo XC70 (factory installed BT - not the Volvo version of the IHF1000). BTW, both of these car kits are specifically mentioned as supported in the documentation that I recieved from Verizon prior to purchase.

Any suggestions? I am close to my 30 days and would hate to give these phones back.

Thanks

wyz

Reaction score
you wonder who's the culprit in this case. The phone part works fine it's always the audio that fails. There are a few people I know that are discouraged with this phone for one reason or another or just tried it and don't like it and move on to Blackberry's or other smartphones. I like the phone myself and I like my bluetooth audio too so I wish this issue could be resolved.

tagban

Reaction score
I have the same issues with my Jabra BT Headset. Its driving me nuts! I use it for its multipoint when using my work phone and personal phone. THIS issue is the #1 reason im considering downgrading to 2.0... Unless someone has released a hacked version of 2.1 that works?
:motdroidhoriz:

So far the only TRUE 'fix' I've found is clearing the BT Cache. Restarting the phone doesn't ALWAYS fix it for more than 2-3 calls.

If you go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications
Click the Menu Button
Filter -> ALL
Then find 'Bluetooth Share'
'Clear Data'
'Clear Cache'
Seems to fix it.

I don't know why though. :(

OP
R

rpotato

Reaction score
Tagban,

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a shot.

tagban

Reaction score
Its not perfect, my Jabra has all sorts of problems. lol