Visual Voicemail Bluetooth

eggebarwood

Reaction score
When I use the visual voicemail from verizon the sound doesn't play through my parrot bluetooth car kit. It used to work with my old phone (storm) why does it not work with the Moto Droid??? Please Help!!!

mtn_m8

Reaction score
FYI - Same problem with a Motorola bluetooth earpiece - which seems strange since they are both from the same company and my previous Motorola phone worked just fine with this bt.

OP
E

eggebarwood

Reaction score
nobody else have this problem....or know how to fix it!!!

JayMonster

Reaction score
I don't use Visual Voicemail (opting for Google Voice instead), but I would guess it would have to do with the Visual Voicemail app and not your bluetooth headset (or the phone).

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Sorry my friend, it is not something that can happen on the Droid...I am right there with you and will hope that in the future another version comes out that will allow it.

JayMonster

Reaction score
Visual Voicemail is one of the things supposedly fixed in 2.01... Hold you breath and have hope.

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wish I could give you good news, but I still have no Visual Voicemail through BT after the update.

OP
E

eggebarwood

Reaction score
Got the update and.....still doesn't work!!! This is BS. Is it possible for there to be a app that makes it work??? If so I would pay $$$ for it.

JJM007

Reaction score
I do love the driod... there is only one glitch and that is getting bluetooth to work through Visual voicemail on the Driod. Bluetooth works on everyother function. It's absolutely insane to have fix for this - how does one listen to their voicemails in privacy? or while Driving? I thought the new fix pushed on Visual Voicemail would of solved that problem - but it only added Wifi. Anyone know about a fix? Or am I doing something wrong?

JayMonster

Reaction score
Keep in mind that the issues with Bluetooth and Visual Voicemail is Verizon Wireless' issue and not Android/Google... so they could (in theory) offer a patch through the marketplace at any time (once VZW fixes it of course)

OP
E

eggebarwood

Reaction score
why cant a developer take advantage of verizon and make a app that everybody would buy!! I would gladly pay for an app instead of paying for a service through verizon that is CRAP.

JayMonster

Reaction score
My guess would be that the Verizon Visual Voicemail system is proprietary and they are not offering an API to get to it... If they did, I am sure somebody could write a much better application (same hold true like I said to the My Verizon app... that one stinks too)

Markomyt1

Reaction score
VVM works on my car BT, but not on my Headset BT

Weird...
I had resigned myself to not hearing my voicemails via Visual Voicemail on my Motorola H12 BT headset.

In my car I have a Motorola T505 bluetooth attached to my visor and VVM does play through it.

Any ideas?