Droid and Visual Voicemail (verizon) issues?

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by hibiscus27, Dec 15, 2009.

1. hibiscus27

hibiscus27 New Member

Anyone else having issues with the Visual Voicemail (thru verizon) on their Droid? I just called verizon tech support and all they could tell me was that it was a "known issue" but they dont have a date for when the fix will be ready. Great, huh? Paying for a service and verizon has no clue how to get it to work!!!! :(
  2. machnhed

machnhed New Member

I haven't had an issue with it so far. Can you elaborate on what's not working? You're not getting messages at all? Is it producing errors?

Zack
  3. hibiscus27

hibiscus27 New Member

hey Zack

here's the scenario... i got a notification that i have a voicemail (the lil visual voicemail icon shows up). i go to my visual voicemail and it asks for my password. (this is odd b/c on my old phone vvm only asked for password once and it was set forever) i put my voicemail password and it thinks for a really long time. it tells me that my password is invalid OR my account is not found. i call my voicemail the old fashion way with the same password and get in just fine. it's been doing this all day! according to verizon...a lot of customers are having the exact same issue.
  4. JayMonster

JayMonster New Member

Verizon really needs to hire some outside programmers to work on their Android apps, it seems both the Visual Voicemail and My Verizon apps both... to be polite... stink.

If it continues for more than 48 hours, I would demand a credit. (fortunately I have Google Voice and am not subject to such issues :icon_ banana:)
  5. CoolRalph

CoolRalph New Member

only issue i have is that its not free
  6. pdxrealtor

pdxrealtor New Member

I'm having the same issue... they told me it was because my number was not fully ported. I can make outgoing calls, but any incoming calls go straight to VM...

Callers can leave a msg... but I am not notified at all..
  7. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

I ran it for a couple of days and it worked fine. I then changed to Google Voice and then had a problem with VVM trying to access my messages. I dropped it soon after. It worked great on my old Voyager, though.
  8. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

youmail is free and has tons of options visual voicemail doesn't have. after i heard about it in this forum i got it and luved it. i emailed verizon to remove vm from my account and they did. check it out...you'll luv it!! youmail.com there's an app for it in the market
  9. machnhed

machnhed New Member

Interesting. I still haven't had an issue with either VZW app, but I don't use each very often either. I'll keep an eye out to see if mine starts doing the same thing.

Zack
  10. machnhed

machnhed New Member

Sounds cool. Gonna check into that too. Thanks!

Annnnnnnnnnnd... banana dance!
    :icon_ banana:

Had to do it. There's a friggin banana dancing...I mean, how can I not put that in there......just because?

Zack
  11. wavdude

wavdude New Member

Ive been having this problem on and off for about a month now. First time around I had to cancel the service and then sign back up which worked fine for about 2 weeks. this time around they had me pull the battery with the phone turned ON and dial *228 to update. works fine now. hope this helps
  12. okeeffm

okeeffm New Member

Get google voice. It is an awesome service with visual voice mail...and it is free!!
  13. rstone

rstone New Member

I just started encountering that problem tonight. After which I tried to reset my regular VM pw, hoping it would reset my VVM pw too, and interestingly enough after I did so...my VVM sends me some notification, but it seems I have to login to view it. After I tried the new pw it still wouldn't let me in, which is odd. Anyways, I tried uninstalling the "update", reinstalling, removing battery, etc...and nothing worked. Guess I'll be calling VZ Tech in the morning. :mad:

If you find a solution in the mean time, or if anyone else has any new troubleshooting ideas...let me know.
  14. Tabs

Tabs New Member

Do you guys have former Alltel numbers? Visual voicemail doesn't work if you do. I was told 2011 before it will work.
  15. rstone

rstone New Member

Nope, been a long time verizon customer and just picked up a new droid a week ago.
  16. machnhed

machnhed New Member

My visual voicemail seems to work okay MOST of the time. However, about once or twice a week I get a notification that there's "Visual Voicemail Activity." Oooooooooooh, sounds ominous... anyway, it's just telling me that it can't sync with the VVM box... usually, I can just hit a manual refresh once or twice and it re-syncs. Minor annoyance only, but it seems like this should be a priority for Verizon. It's a really cool feature and here we are paying $3/month extra for it, on top of our already massive data plans and such. I love ya, Verizon, but dammit...sometimes, you drive me nuts.

Zack
  17. rstone

rstone New Member

Well apparently if I had been more patient :icon_rolleyes: I wouldn't have had to wait on hold for 20mins to VZ tech support. As it turns out...when you reset your regular voicemail password, which you can do by dialing *86, then #4, 2, 1, 1 it will reset your Visual Voice Mail password/pin also. Although this apparently takes time for the change to go through, at least it did in my case.

At least everything is working again! :icon_ banana:
  18. pmp

pmp New Member

Problem with Verizon visual voicemail

I've just had to set up my replacement Droid 2 (the original stopped sending emails). Here is my problem with visual voice mail (VMM):

I had Verizon's visual voice mail service on my original phone and want to use it on the new one, as well. Initially, when accessing VMM, I could see a list of the phone numbers from which I had received voice mails, but no information about the callers who were in my contact list. Then, I would sometimes see the caller info and sometimes not. I tried downloading VMM from the Droid Market, but after installing, I received a message that said my phone came with VMM installed and I had to uniinstal the new download. (the new download appears to have more features than what is currently installed). The Verizon tech support walked me through a few steps in the Manage Apps section and the caller ID reappeared in my VMM list. He could not really explain why I could not install and use the newer download. Anyone else have this problem or have any advice?

Thanks.
  19. pmp

pmp New Member

Problem with Verizon visual voicemail

Hello, all,

I'm new to the Forum.

I've just had to set up my replacement Droid 2 (the original stopped sending emails). Here is my problem with visual voice mail (VMM):

I had Verizon's visual voice mail service on my original phone and want to use it on the new one, as well. Initially, when accessing VMM, I could see a list of the phone numbers from which I had received voice mails, but no information about the callers who were in my contact list. Then, I would sometimes see the caller info and sometimes not. I tried downloading VMM from the Droid Market, but after installing, I received a message that said my phone came with VMM installed and I had to uniinstal the new download. (the new download appears to have more features than what is currently installed). The Verizon tech support walked me through a few steps in the Manage Apps section and the caller ID reappeared in my VMM list. He could not really explain why I could not install and use the newer download. Anyone else have this problem or have any advice?

Thanks
  20. TripL

TripL New Member

Bumping an old thread because interestingly this exact scenario happened to me this morning. I'm going to give VZW a call before I start changing passwords etc.
Search tags for this page
alltel galaxy visual voiceman
samsung droid charge voicemail activities received invalid

verizon visual voicemail not working

verizon visual voicemail problems
verizon visual voicemail text problems
verizon voicemail activities received
visual voicemail activities received
voice mail activities received

voicemail activities received

voicemail activities received droid x
voicemail activity received