Droid 2 Global Bluetooth issue - can no longer connect

chrisa65

Reaction score
My My D2G has always connected with my car (2006 Prius) without any issues. Since i downloaded the Droid updated this week, it no longer connects. I have tried resetting the phone by popping out the battery. I have even deleted all the phones from my car and tried to reconnect and no luck. I was able to connect an iPhone to the car in under 10 seconds, but when I search for devices from my Droid, it doesn't even see the car's BT. Any one have any suggestions?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Delete the phone's profile from the car and the car's profile from the phone. Make sure you do a factory data reset on the phone before trying to add the phone again if that doesn't work.

OP
C

chrisa65

Reaction score
Delete the phone's profile from the car and the car's profile from the phone. Make sure you do a factory data reset on the phone before trying to add the phone again if that doesn't work.

I tried all that.
Might have to go to Verizon.

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
Factory Data Reset as well?

VZ is going to tell you it's an issue with the car, the manufacturer will tell you it's an issue with the phone. Truly, it is an issue with the new update having some slight tweaks to bluetooth profiles, but you'll likely just get the run around.

OP
C

chrisa65

Reaction score
No, i did not to the Factory Data Reset. What will happen to all my apps if I do that?

****UPDATE*****
Issue appears to have been fixed. I powered up the phone in safe mode and was able to pair the phone with the Bluetooth. Then powered down the phone and powered it back up normally and it retained the pairing and connected right away. Thank you to José at Verizon teir2 tech support.