Droid Bionic Update v5.5.893 Coming Soon

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Its funny they have made this announcement but the soak testers have not even gotten the update yet ?
Makes me wonder how far out this update is for the masses still.

devils3023

Reaction score
Well the recent droid charge gingerbread update was announced Nov. 23 and started rolling out Nov. 29, so hopefully next week.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well the recent droid charge gingerbread update was announced Nov. 23 and started rolling out Nov. 29, so hopefully next week.

Another tread suggested December 9, but an announcement at the end of October said "30 to 60 days" so anytime between now and the end of the year. We'll have to see. It's sure to be random and we'll be seeing "I GOT THE UPDATE :icon_ banana:" threads with replies like "I haven't yet :mad:"

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
Is this an update that is pushed to us, or do we go get it and download it from somewhere?

devils3023

Reaction score
It is an official OTA from Moto and will be pushed to devices randomly once it starts rolling out.

thrgk

Reaction score
did they roll it out yet? still says my device is up to date.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
You know, on the bottom of the PDF file is a code, "1211-E2787" - I am wondering if the 1211 part has something to do with the date of the beginning of the rollout? Maybe i'm overthinking it, but it isn't unheard of for VZW to start a push on a Sunday.

KOBALT

Reaction score
We'll see if it comes out before my upgrade in Dec '13.... I'm not holding my breath. I'm a hardcore Moto user/fanboy, but this latest crap is almost enough to sway me elsewhere.... we'll see.

No Samsung for me btw.. long story and I hate the company's products(home & mobile) more than Nazis....

cdguylhs

Reaction score
I know this is probably a dumb question but I am going to ask it anyway. Is this the ice cream sandwich update or just an update to fix some problems?

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
You know, on the bottom of the PDF file is a code, "1211-E2787" - I am wondering if the 1211 part has something to do with the date of the beginning of the rollout? Maybe i'm overthinking it, but it isn't unheard of for VZW to start a push on a Sunday.

Look at previous pdfs. See if that part of the code matches the dates they were pushed out.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Even more incentive for me to try a Bionic....

FINALLY saw one in person for an extended amount of time....very sweet phone. I need to compare the screens side by side with my RAZR. And test some other things. I almost got the Fascinate last year to have more than 1 phone for my use. I may wind up with 3 this time...lol.