acoers

acoers

Reaction score
Got it didn't see the button at the top sorry I asked so many questions

OP
acoers

acoers

Reaction score
Well I turn my. Phone off and restarted and still had the droid 3. Animation still. And all the files are in the right spot. So I keep the
Bootanimation to zip still right

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol you guys are talking about renaming it.. but not what to rename it as.. what do I rename it as? Sorry, I'm nooby at this I suppose.

Edit - Never mind, I saw you said to save it as transdroid.mp3. Still not working though.. I even posted it in notifications and audio too.

Last edited:

stabl4life82

Reaction score
U just post it in system/media and no other folder after that. Which part isn't working? The sound or the boot animation or both?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

RadzPrower

Reaction score
U just post it in system/media and no other folder after that. Which part isn't working? The sound or the boot animation or both?

Or more simply and safely, you can drop the animation and sound into /data/local/ and if you want to return to default you can just delete it. This way you don't have to backup the original or worry about losing it.

Sent from my rooted Droid 3

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Alright, I'll delete the other locations I have em in and just try that. And just the sound isn't working.

OP
acoers

acoers

Reaction score
yeah i renamed the sound and put it in /data/local/ but still cant get sound either

RadzPrower

Reaction score
Not sure what the problem is then. I did it the easy way (in my opinion) and instead of hacking together the default and custom sounds/images, I used the original as a template and changed the desc.txt so I could use whatever names I wanted.

Send me a copy of your bootanimation.zip and I can take a peek under the hood to see if I can't fix it better.

EDIT: I'll need the ORIGINAL name of the sound file too.

EDIT 2: Including the file extension. And capitalization matters.

Sent from my rooted Droid 3

Last edited: