Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
The bionic is not like all other phones. Remember it rules ALL machines. :p

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Imo it doesn't lol. The only reason its popular is because of all the hype built up since january

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Why not just have nothing but task killers installed and have them kill each other at random intervals. That would be fun to watch! Let the battle begin and let's see what app will come out on top :p

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Genius...! Next headlines "Google holds contest for best task killer on the market" how is it conducted? An android phone is turned on and all the task killers in the market are installed, at the end of the week whichever is still on, wins! xD

BTW. If the Bionic rules all machines, does it rule the og droid? Food for thought, food for thought!

69copo

Reaction score
From what my VZW rep has told me Task Killers are not required beyond 2.0. But I still run ZDBox set to kill apps when the screen locks and I clean my cache twice daily just to help with battery life but the performance boost is a nice plus.

J

JriderG

The apps will just keep opening and closing, using more CPU cycles and battery along with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

69copo

Reaction score
True some apps will constantly re-open. But if you are running widgets like Facebook, Youtube, Police scanner, Weather and such controlling these will definitely help.

Niemo435

Reaction score
The bionic is not like all other phones. Remember it rules ALL machines. :p

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Lol that's what the commercials said when it made me buy one haha.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
From what my VZW rep has told me Task Killers are not required beyond 2.0. But I still run ZDBox set to kill apps when the screen locks and I clean my cache twice daily just to help with battery life but the performance boost is a nice plus.

Haha... I like your android rep... :p
I actually got into a debate once with a version store employee... She was saying how when someone brings in their phone that's running slow the first thing they do is install a task killer. I agreed just tried to explain not to run them all the time, especially not on aggressive!

Its the way Unix systems handle applications. Unlike windows, when an application is in the background its using almost no memory. If you look at running apps, they're really not using much resources. What you need to watch is the cpu that's where your battery gets eaten. I have an app called watchdog that I really love, it alerts me when an app is using too much cpu so you can kill it. I really recommend it, it also has a widget. I like to kill manually but not automatically. And just remember is not a memory problem.
In the short term a task killer might be good, but in the long term you'll mess up your system!

OP
N

NESPORTZDAWG

Reaction score
It's not that I'm looking for a special app. It's that i want to know if the newest latest & greatest phone requires such an app to run efficiently.

didymus12

Reaction score
Whatever floats yer boat! =) dancedroid
i see your diametrically opposed responses we're only hrs apart. which one is it: seven task killers or no task killers. new to droid forums, just wondering:blink:

missrachel

Reaction score
It's not that I'm looking for a special app. It's that i want to know if the newest latest & greatest phone requires such an app to run efficiently.

The answer is absolutely not! Android does not recommend the use of task killers as Android (especially the newest versions) has its own way of handling memory/"killing apps". However, a task killer can be very useful if you are having problems or glitches in a specific app. In that case I would recommend using "task killer" - the app that came stock on your Bionic. It allows you to kill individual apps without blindly killing all running apps (which is what's NOT recommended). Its not that killing apps is bad, it's that killing all apps regularly is bad (drains battery, overworks the phone by constantly killing and restarting apps).

:)

Sent from my Moto Droid using DroidForums