Yask killers

Fresnodog

Reaction score
Task killers

Any opinions on a good task killer or does anyone not use one?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Last edited:

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Generally you don't want to use Task Killers.

Yask killers, on the other hand, you only want to use in Norway, Germany, or Russia...

indee2025

Reaction score
A Yask killer joke is too easy, I'm taking the high road...

I don't get what you mean though....The Bionic comes stock with a Task Manager that is effective, allows you to set a auto end for apps that start on their own....it also lets you single out or select multiple apps for killing off as well....really don't need a different task killer than the one that came with it....

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Does it explain how and why not to kill applications? Have you used system panel?

It's a bit better than a simple task manager, especially in registered form (monitoring is where it really shines).

OP
Fresnodog

Fresnodog

Reaction score
I just got this phone i haven't found it yet whats it called?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Calla969

Reaction score
A Yask killer joke is too easy, I'm taking the high road...

I don't get what you mean though....The Bionic comes stock with a Task Manager that is effective, allows you to set a auto end for apps that start on their own....it also lets you single out or select multiple apps for killing off as well....really don't need a different task killer than the one that came with it....

I just figured out that the Bionic stock Task Manager was responsible for 5 days without data. I had Google Maps and the IM app in the auto-end list. I have had these apps in the auto-end list for several weeks and out of nowhere, I lost data "permanently". I was literally moments away from returning the phone when I removed these 2 apps and data came right back. I had tried EVERYTHING to fix it. Since removing the apps from the auto-end list, data has survived several reboots.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
There used to be a video explaining how the Android system works. Like going to an email, which provides a link which sends you to another site. The OS is expecting you to go back to email so killing email would make the OS want to bring it up again. Something like that.

There's some interesting information at Android Task Killers Explained: What They Do and Why You Shouldn't Use Them and Fresh Rom – CDMA Android Development » FAQ: Why You Shouldn’t Be Using a Task Killer with Android on the process.

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I fully support the devs who work tirelessly at perfecting the Yask killers.
The amount of respect I have for them to hold off publishing these apps until they are fully functional is tremendous.
Yask killers should be researched and chosen carefully when they eventually come out... the Yask killing experience will be different for each of us.....

dancedroid:icon_ banana:dancedroid

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm still of the school that says Task Killers/Managers are more trouble than they are worth. We've experienced many issues since the Bionic came out that ended up being caused the native Task Manager. I think Calla's experience is an excellent example of issues you can create for yourself with these things. YMMV!!