App killer or not?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Sorry if its been asked... but other than the stock app that comes on the phone... what's the consensus on running another app killer from the market??? Stock phone all the way...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

droidxd00d

Reaction score
I don't think it's necessary in the newest versions of android. My phones always seem to run better without them. But I would also like to know the answer to this as well.

340DartMan

Reaction score
I use Android Assistant for my app killer. It seems to make things run just a tad smoother. I can free up between 350M and 530M (not a typo) free memory total. I have read that it is not good to use an app killer, but haven't researched the reason for this.

nateohio

Reaction score
I use Android Assistant for my app killer. It seems to make things run just a tad smoother. I can free up between 350M and 530M (not a typo) free memory total. I have read that it is not good to use an app killer, but haven't researched the reason for this.

Because there its more to performance than how much free memory a device has.

I've been on Android since Eclair and I haven't seen task killers do anything but cause more problems than they help.

TatDroid

Reaction score
I have read that it is not good to use an app killer, but haven't researched the reason for this.

One of the reasons is that some apps are designed to auto start. Killing them just makes them start up again - using MORE of your phone's resources than if they were just left running in the background.

BroidDrionic

Reaction score
OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Thanx all... so this would be true for all of my phones???? Including the DROIDX? ???

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Thanx all... so this would be true for all of my phones???? Including the DROIDX? ???

Yes...

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Quick update.... everything ia going great for the DROIDX and DROIDX2... but.... I know that it isn't related to deleting the app killer... but as soon as I deleted it, my phone started dropping data and doing the BSOD..... odd timing... but that's all it is..... so on the phone to Verizon I will go..... this isn't tolerable to me... my last bionic didn't do this... the audio jack just went out..... >:-[

mikeexplorer

Reaction score
I used a task killer on the Eris, but it also had limited memory compared to the Bionic. With the Bionic, I don't use one at all and it runs fine like it is.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Quick update.... everything ia going great for the DROIDX and DROIDX2... but.... I know that it isn't related to deleting the app killer... but as soon as I deleted it, my phone started dropping data and doing the BSOD..... odd timing... but that's all it is..... so on the phone to Verizon I will go..... this isn't tolerable to me... my last bionic didn't do this... the audio jack just went out..... >:-[

Good luck and keep us posted!