Droid audio/video synch?

author

Reaction score
I know from searching that other people have the same problem but found no solution.

When I shoot a video on my Droid 2, audio sync is way off, even for a five minute video ... like 30 seconds or more!

anyone got an answer how we can sync sound and pic? very frustrating.

thanks,

--Ralph

Last edited:
OP
author

author

Reaction score
Okay, okay ... doing mah research and it's not quite as bad as I thought.

Videos copied from the Droid 2 to my video editing computer (Windows 7) play in sync! Droid 2 cleared on that account.

The PROBLEM is that they are in a nonstandard FPS (i.e. 23.25 fps) for the ones I imported (three). So if you drop them into Premiere, the synch is off by 30 seconds or more in a five minute video.

What I have to do now is find software that will convert the 3gp videos to a standard rate (23.96 or 29.97 or 30 fps) and keep the video and audio in sync. I've tried several already with no joy.

any ideas out there?

I can do wonderful things with the Droid 2 if I can solve this problem. dancedroid

--Ralph

D

dvdcatalyst

The PROBLEM is that they are in a nonstandard FPS (i.e. 23.25 fps) for the ones I imported (three). So if you drop them into Premiere, the synch is off by 30 seconds or more in a five minute video.

What I have to do now is find software that will convert the 3gp videos to a standard rate (23.96 or 29.97 or 30 fps) and keep the video and audio in sync. I've tried several already with no joy.

Rather than converting them, I would use Mediainfo to determine the length of the audio portion of the video, and just extend the length of the entire clip in Premiere to the correct length.

It might take a little bit of fiddling to get it just right, but its always better to edit with the original video source rather than throwing it through another conversion tool.

OP
author

author

Reaction score
Thanks, and I will try that some more, albeit I did it in the Rapid Ralph video posted earlier in this section ... right now checking out Handbrake since it will change the framerate ... will see how test video renders.

--Ralph

OP
author

author

Reaction score
SUCCESS!!!! :yeahbaby01:

Okay... Handbrake did it! Just be sure to change the frame rate to a standard one.

Drop it into Adobe Premiere CS5, do a bit of color correction, lay some compression to the audio, chop off any glitches, and Droid 2 video AND audio (in perfect sync) rocks!

That problem solved.

--Ralph

OP
author

author

Reaction score
ALL RIGHT! Really, really, really nice to be able to drop Droid videos into CS5 and edit them with audio and video in sync.

here's a reposting of the Rapid Ralph snow video from YouTube (this time on Exposure Room) WITH audio in sync (i.e. comments now fall in correct places):

Warren Wilson College Road 12-13-10 By Ralph Roberts On ExposureRoom

Again, the solution is to use Handbrake (HandBrake) to CHANGE THE FRAMERATE of the Droid video to a standard one (I used 23.96 for this video or 24 frames progressive per second). ... Handbrake is open source and versions available for Mac, Windows, and Linux.

--Ralph