Video/Audio Out of Sync

Reaction score
I had downloaded several Youtube videos using Tube Downloader on my Droid. I moved these videos over to my Incredible and now the audio is about a half second or a second behind the video. It does this both through the standard video app and Act 1 Video player.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
Any ideas on what the issue might be? I guess it could have something to do with the fact I downloaded them on the Droid initially but I'm not sure why that would screw with the sound sync. Also, it seems like the audio isn't synced when watching Youtube videos through the Youtube app either...

Thanks!

c_law23

Reaction score
the problem I am having is video attachments in email (though i haven't tried to look at youtube videos yet). The sound plays but the frame just stays. If i skip forward the frame updates and the sound plays from there but the frame doesn't move.

kpmedia

Reaction score
Start over, but use keepvid.com this time.
See if it's the method of saving, before assuming it's the phone.

OP
templetonryecy
Reaction score

Well I downloaded them on the Droid using the app Tube Downloader, and they played perfectly on the Droid. I copy and pasted these same files from the Droid SD card to the Incredible SD card. Audio/Video isn't synced on Incredible...

Also, I'm not see Tube Downloader as an app for the Incredible either :(

OP
templetonryecy
Reaction score

Well I downloaded them on the Droid using the app Tube Downloader, and they played perfectly on the Droid. I copy and pasted these same files from the Droid SD card to the Incredible SD card. Audio/Video isn't synced on Incredible...

Also, I'm not see Tube Downloader as an app for the Incredible either :(

Bump...

Is anyone else experiencing this? I got my second DI in the mail last week (first one had a bad battery cover) and this second DI is still having the audio/video sync issue. The only videos that will sync audio/video properly are ones I record directly from the phone. Youtube videos from the Youtube app are out of sync, downloaded videos from Youtube Ripper are out of sync, ripped movies are out of sync audio/video wise. All these files play fine on my computer, my ipod touch, and previously ,the Droid. but on the DI the audio is just a tad off from the video - very annoying. I have no idea what would be causing this, especially from the Youtube app itself? Both the default video player and Act 1 both are experiencing this. Could another app be causing this? I use Volume Control but I can't imagine why that would cause this? I do not use task killer apps.

Any help would be great - thanks!

TRC