audio video sync issues when recording

Dega

Reaction score
Greetings all. I tried taking some video of my son's concert tonight - both the video and audio are excellent but sadly after I downloaded to my PC they are out of sync about a second. Is this something I am doing wrong and is there a way to correct it? I shot three separate videos and all are like this. I did search the forums and didn't see anyone else with this problem so I'm thinking I have something set wrong or . . . ? I do have the latest android update

Thanks

stimpy2k

Reaction score
Yup!

I am having this exact same issue. I took the phone to Verizon, and was able to demonstrate it right in front of them, again and again. All I had to do was record a ~2 minuted video, and then video myself snapping my fingers at the end. The audio would always come a second or so before the video for the snapping of the fingers.

First they factory reset the phone. Same issue. Then they replaced the memory card. Same issue. Then they replaced THE WHOLE PHONE, and it still had the same issue. Out of the box, the Motorola Droid does this. I was shocked (so were the Verizon store people!). I have no idea why I haven't seen a million posts about this. I guess the vast majority of people just take short little videos??

If you take a video longer than a minute or two, the video is recorded out of sync. It is not just a playback issue, as the audio/video are still out of sync when the file is played on a PC as well.

Verizon said the next step was to alert Motorola of the issue, so I guess that's what I'm doing next. I'm just amazed I'm not seeing more posts about this.

-= Brandon.

ssparker

Reaction score
Same problem!

Exact same problem. Very frustrating! I'm going to try to just slide the audio file over in an editing software. Hopefully that will work.

D

dvdcatalyst

Greetings all. I tried taking some video of my son's concert tonight - both the video and audio are excellent but sadly after I downloaded to my PC they are out of sync about a second. Is this something I am doing wrong and is there a way to correct it? I shot three separate videos and all are like this. I did search the forums and didn't see anyone else with this problem so I'm thinking I have something set wrong or . . . ? I do have the latest android update

Thanks

What video player app are you using on the computer to play the files ?

Not directly related to your issue, but close enough to mention, I spend a couple of days troubleshooting sync-issues, and in the end it ended up that WIndows Media Player on Windows 7 was actually causing sync issues with video playback of H264 video files. When playing the same files in Quicktime or VLC and there were no sync issues at all.

ssparker

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm currently using Quicktime and Windows Vista, but will try some other systems.

CKyle22

Reaction score
I have the same problem but I'm playing videos on the Droid itself.

Jack Flash

Reaction score
Hello Everyone : )

I am new to Droid and love the Phone overall. One reason I bought the phone was for the camera and video capture due to its advertised quality.. Sadly I have the same issue of out of sync videos. I took a 3 min video of my daughter and instantly noticed it was horribly out of sync. Repeated on more videos I took with same results. ; (

I hope this is a fixable issue. Overall I think the Droid rocks the house, and I am glad I chose it. Owned it for 3 days now and have not had many issues other then learning curve of discovering its possibilities. I mean wow it is a Phone, but my pc compacted into it. Just pure awesomeness. I like the fact this is Linux based, (duel boot pc with XP & Slackware on home pc.). You buy the property, then build the house to your liking,
Droid = :yr1:

Jack

P.S. please fix the camera sync and hurry up with that 2.1 thingy :)

legnadibrom

Reaction score
I have the same problem, I never paid too much attention to it,
but it's annoying

darkjester73

Reaction score
well here we are 5 months later and im getting same issue.. it sux cuz i take my phone everywhere and want to do vlogs for youtube.. but ... it sux that this issue still exists even after 2.1 update.. what is going on w/ this?? does anyone have any way to check into this??

D

dvdcatalyst

Yeah, I just posted a thread under the ROM I'm using (Adamz, Smoked Glass 6.0)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/adamz/45389-sg-6-0-video-records-audio-out-sync.html

Check it and if someone knows of any software I can use to sync my video that would be great. I included example vids in my thread.

There are a few options you can use to sync your video. You can use a player such as VLC to adjust the audio delay during playback, however, if you want to fix the video completely, it will need to be processed using video software. With most video-editting programs you can adjust the audio track position (or the video track) so you can get them to match up properly.

Another option is to use DVD Catalyst 3 to convert the file. As of the latest version (3.86) it has an option mainly used for HTC HD2 users (about 90% of these phones have audio sync issues due to the hardware). It enables you to adjust the audio delay for conversion. email addy: my username at gmail dot com

If the original files you have are not too big, you can email them to me, and I'll try and fix them for you if you want.

questech

Reaction score
Synch Issues

Same problem here.

Is anyone at Motorola going to step in and get us a firmware update?

Here is what I have ascertained.

* For me, this only happens while recording in HD mode.
* While the QuickTime player will play the video in synch, it does not mean the problem isn't with the recording because bringing the file into Premiere Pro CS5 exhibits the out of synch problem.
* The video and audio seem to go out of synch as soon as their is a glitch in the recording, which seems to be because the processor in the phone isn't fast enough, or the storage device isn't fast enough to keep up with the demands.
* Recording in HD seems to overwhelm the phone periodically.
* No Settings to adjust the bitrate for HD recording.

What's Up?