Droid and viruses...

FiremedicMike

Reaction score
I'm curious how susceptible the droid is to virii, especially conflicker. My work has a wifi that we are allowed to connect to, but there is a known conflicker issue on the network right now that is being worked on. As my droid doesn't run windows obviously, I'm thinking I will be fine. That said does anyone know of any issues with a droid and virii?

Thanks

Retribution

Reaction score
Not an issue don't worry about, antivirus apps in the market are a waste of space and resources

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'm curious how susceptible the droid is to virii, especially conflicker. My work has a wifi that we are allowed to connect to, but there is a known conflicker issue on the network right now that is being worked on. As my droid doesn't run windows obviously, I'm thinking I will be fine. That said does anyone know of any issues with a droid and virii?

Thanks

conflicker is a PC issue.... If you have installed any "ant-virus" apps on your Droid, Take them off...The cause weird actions....

bbtkd

Reaction score
Not an issue don't worry about, antivirus apps in the market are a waste of space and resources

Yes, and while you are at it drop your house insurance too. You've never had a fire which is positive proof that you never will. Android, along with Linux/Unix in general, have not been the focus of hackers only because there are so many more vulnerabilities in Windows and so many more Windows systems that hackers have more success there. Also, I suspect that many hackers have a fondness for Linux/Unix and since they may use it themselves, they may view hacking it as blasphemy. But it is only a matter of time before attacking Android becomes fun for some hackers. You may be able to get by without an antivirus for now, but it will eventually be essential. Admittedly, a recent antivirus app update caused many peoples Android phones to become unstable until it was removed.

roflcopters

Reaction score
I read not too long ago that Windows Mobile viruses don't even really pose a threat, but they do exist. Right now they are more of a "see what I can do" kind of thing, and actual attacks are rare. I'd be willing to bet any attempt at a Linux based OS would be even less likely.