Droid All in One TV Remote

medicTHREE

Reaction score
then please explain to me what the proximity sensor is then and how it works? I know it uses Infra red so do not tell me it works some other way, because I know it does not!

Look Einstein, it senses the "shadow" for your face and turns the screen off.

No IR transmitter on the Droid.

Wow I didnt know it was a "Shadow Sensor" last I check it was an infra red sensor. But hey the world of physics is limit less. I know because that is what my degree is in. But I am pretty sure the droid has this proximity sensor built into it OSRAM Opto Semiconductors|index (click the top red link) if you notice closely it has an integrated emitter built on it.

You're pretty sure? I love people who say "that is what my degree is in." This either proves you're a first year college student, that you are lying, or that you don't even know what to do with your "degree".

How would you know that is the prox sensor that is built in? Eh? Magic? based off mysterious invisible schematics not available to the public?

Gimme a break.

DROIDADDICT

Reaction score
Look Einstein, it senses the "shadow" for your face and turns the screen off.

No IR transmitter on the Droid.

Wow I didnt know it was a "Shadow Sensor" last I check it was an infra red sensor. But hey the world of physics is limit less. I know because that is what my degree is in. But I am pretty sure the droid has this proximity sensor built into it OSRAM Opto Semiconductors|index (click the top red link) if you notice closely it has an integrated emitter built on it.

You're pretty sure? I love people who say "that is what my degree is in." This either proves you're a first year college student, that you are lying, or that you don't even know what to do with your "degree".

How would you know that is the prox sensor that is built in? Eh? Magic? based off mysterious invisible schematics not available to the public?

Gimme a break.

I am not lying about my credentials, I do have a degree in physics, working on my phd now ( will let you know how that goes.) You are right though, I really do not know what to do with my degree, there are so many possibilities, but I do hope to teach some day. Right now I work in Engineering for the Railroad. But back to the Droid, I am 99.9% percent sure that is the proximity sensor being used in the Droid. The other reason I am not 100% sure is because plans change, and parts get sold out, even then I am sure they would find something comparable to stick in its place. I guess really only time will tell, and if there will ever be any use out of it or not.

Anonymouse

Reaction score

Gimme a break.

I am not lying about my credentials, I do have a degree in physics, working on my phd now ( will let you know how that goes.) You are right though, I really do not know what to do with my degree, there are so many possibilities, but I do hope to teach some day. Right now I work in Engineering for the Railroad. But back to the Droid, I am 99.9% percent sure that is the proximity sensor being used in the Droid. The other reason I am not 100% sure is because plans change, and parts get sold out, even then I am sure they would find something comparable to stick in its place. I guess really only time will tell, and if there will ever be any use out of it or not.

Uhm...not to rain on your parade or anything, but do you even know WHAT a proximity sensor is? It detects if something is in the proximity of it. Your face is in the proximity of it, it detects your face, and when it does that, it shuts the screen off. Herp derp.

DROIDADDICT

Reaction score

Gimme a break.

Uhm...not to rain on your parade or anything, but do you even know WHAT a proximity sensor is? It detects if something is in the proximity of it. Your face is in the proximity of it, it detects your face, and when it does that, it shuts the screen off. Herp derp.

I see someone else should re read the conversation again as they are missing something. Yes I know proximity means "Close by" as in the dimensions of mm standards! It is what is integrated onto the sensor that interests me. Oh and by the way it does not detect your face, it is the refraction that it detects, this is why people are complaining that sometimes the screen does not light back up with they pull the phone away from your face. It could be something else setting of the sensor such as sunlight or another ir transmitter with the same Hertz output!

medicTHREE

Reaction score
tired-yawn.jpg

Redls1bird

Reaction score
Lets settle this scientifically. Known fact: digital cameras can capture infra-red remote output. Need proof? see photo below:

DSCN0307.jpg

Thats from my Zenith television's remote control. You can clearly see the ir led happily blinking away.

Now, same camera, with a picture of my droid during a phone call. As soon as the talk button is pressed, the little ir led starts flashing. see below:

DSCN0306.jpg

End of conversation.

Now, can it transmit ir far enough to be seen by a receiver? I seriously doubt it.

atlharry

Reaction score
I especially like the "It detects your shadow" remark. That one had me laughing to no end!!!

Redls1bird

Reaction score
Theres a little tiny man in there with a switch, " ok, LOCK THE SCREEN!! NOW UNLOCK IT!!" Thats why it stays locked sometimes, hes on the can.

DROIDADDICT

Reaction score
Redbird good job at showing us how the camera can detects infra red. However it also detects other spectrum of light near the same color, so be careful it could be another type of light with a similar make up.

DROIDADDICT

Reaction score
Yes a degree in physics, not in English or grammar. Last time I checked this online forum was informal!

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
Ok, the Jigg is up,

That little light that the camera caught, is actually a tri-corder beam, emminating out to the Droid user's brain. It is scanning our brain waves, collecting data, beaming it to other Droids in the Droid Continuum. So the Droid Nation can figure out the proper procedure of taking control of the human race.

Psss, don't tell anyone this, we don't want the Droids to know, we are on to them :p

The DroidNet becomes Aware in 2012 !!!! :icon_ devil:

If you are reading this, You Are the Resistance !!!

Last edited:

TomN

Reaction score
Oh crap... I read this with my Droid sitting on the desk next to me and now the LED is flashing red. I really really think this might be a bad sign....

Ok, the Jigg is up,

That little light that the camera caught, is actually a tri-corder beam, emminating out to the Droid user's brain. It is scanning our brain waves, collecting data, beaming it to other Droids in the Droid Continuum. So the Droid Nation can figure out the proper procedure of taking control of the human race.

Psss, don't tell anyone this, we don't want the Droids to know, we are on to them :p

The DroidNet becomes Aware in 2012 !!!! :icon_ devil:

If you are reading this, You Are the Resistance !!!