Droid All in One TV Remote

Fasonmason

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a tv remote application where you can program different remote devices into the droid. Like an all in one remote.
Thanks

medicTHREE

Reaction score
The droid has no InfraRed transmitter so no, there is no app for this.

DROIDADDICT

Reaction score
No need for a pic, just look at the front of your phone, its the proximity sensor!!

DROIDADDICT

Reaction score
then please explain to me what the proximity sensor is then and how it works? I know it uses Infra red so do not tell me it works some other way, because I know it does not!

brianr0131

Reaction score
then please explain to me what the proximity sensor is then and how it works? I know it uses Infra red so do not tell me it works some other way, because I know it does not!

Look Einstein, it senses the "shadow" for your face and turns the screen off.

No IR transmitter on the Droid.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
It sure as hell is not going to work as a data transmitter. Maybe you should research how an infrared sensor works... Think light sensor on a street light.

DROIDADDICT

Reaction score

Look Einstein, it senses the "shadow" for your face and turns the screen off.

No IR transmitter on the Droid.

Wow I didnt know it was a "Shadow Sensor" last I check it was an infra red sensor. But hey the world of physics is limit less. I know because that is what my degree is in. But I am pretty sure the droid has this proximity sensor built into it OSRAM Opto Semiconductors|index (click the top red link) if you notice closely it has an integrated emitter built on it.

Zippster

Reaction score
Too bad, I had Infrared port on my SCH I730 and loved using the remote control program, especially nice for changing tv's at restaurants to shows I wanted to watch. lol