Droid 4 stock rom overwritten with cyanogen

Marco.

Reaction score
Hi, i was updating cyanogen but i did a mistake, i forgot to select the second partition and i overwritten the stock one.
I uninstalled safestrap to reinstall the stock rom and it doesn't work: installation aborted. I tried with recovery mode and with RSD lite. Is it possible that it doesn't work because battery is too low? anyway i tried to install by recovery mode connecting the droid to the plug.
What should i do?
i don't even know how to charge the battery, it doesn't work, it just show me the motorola logo.

Thanks

OP
M

Marco.

Reaction score
fully charge phone then boot in to AP Fastboot mode (not recovery), download this http://sbfdownload.droid-developers.org/cdma_maserati/cdma_maserati_9.8.2O-72_VZW-18_1ff.xml.zip and flash it with RSD Lite, do a Factory Reset after.

You'll have to re-root the phone and start over from initial setup.

Thank you for reply.
I've already read the instruction to flash. The problem is that the phone doesn't charge. i'll explain better. When i plug the phone to charge, the motorola logo appears but the battery status (charge percentage) doesn't.
When the battery was just low and not dead i tried to use RSD lite to flash and it failed. (I used recovery to try to install by sd card and AP Fastboot Mode to use RDS lite.)
Maybe the problem, in that case, is that i tried to flash the 631mb rom and not 633mb one (there are 2 android 4.1.2 versions for droid 4 on internet). And also is possible that it failed because of low battery.

I wish i have explained better the issue.

Last edited:
OP
M

Marco.

Reaction score
I forgot to say one thing: when i go to AP fastboot flashmode it says Device is LOCKED. Status code:0

GigaJake

Reaction score
Fastboot mode does not support charging, so if you don't have a working operating system to charge, you'll either need to cut the wires on a usb cable and manually charge the battery or special order a "factory" cable specifically for flashing motorola devices without the need for a battery.

Then you can worry about flashing the stock firmware.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

OP
M

Marco.

Reaction score
Fastboot mode does not support charging, so if you don't have a working operating system to charge, you'll either need to cut the wires on a usb cable and manually charge the battery or special order a "factory" cable specifically for flashing motorola devices without the need for a battery.

Then you can worry about flashing the stock firmware.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk

I have another droid 4, i can exchange the battery and charge it.
i'll try. Thank you, i'll let you know if it worked.