droid 4 keyboard light issues

shaislet

Reaction score
I'm looking for the light sensor but am not sure of location. I've read several posts about the lighting sensitivity on the D4 keyboard and get there is a sensor and all is aimed to save battery. One post described location along the side adjacent to the button on top that activates the screen. Is the tiny hole the light sensor? When I type, that area is always covered but the light still doesn't come on when covered, even in pitch black. However I've noticed when I cover the front camera eye, the light comes on exactly and remains on as long as I keep that covered with my index finger. Is it possible there are two sensors or is that the actual sensor. I get nothing when the edge is covered, which is always while typing.

OP
S

shaislet

Reaction score
Regarding keyboard lighting issues, the light button is sensor is located just above the power button and is intended to be covered whenever you are typing, thus activating the light. It would be nice if it worked as designed but thats a programming issue to be resolved, which may ultimately be the case. Moving on...depending on which update your running, I found a solution that has worked on my Verizon Droid 4. Go to settings and select Brightness, select Automatic brightness to turn on, then go back one level to Timing and select never. The timing is the time in which the phone will shut off if not activity. This took care of it. As a side not, my update came through and there is no Timing option any longer, which was replaced by "Sleep", and subsequently eleminated the "never" option. So depending on which update or system your running, the first solution may or may not be available. BTW, it seems as if the issue with keyboard light isn't an issue any longer under the new update. Time will tell.