Droid 4 Download Links

nilsh32

Reaction score
Hi there everyone,

So I may be completely stupid but I am having a hard time figuring out the scene here for my droid 4. I upgraded from a droid 1 a few months ago and was very familiar with using ROM Manager and all that, the Safestrap business with this phone is very nice. I am only now getting around to rooting.

So I rooted the phone and I figured out Safestrap and have a backup of the stock rom. BUT, there seems to be a real lack of available roms for the Droid 4! I don't know if I am just horribly bad at browsing the internet all of a sudden, but yeah. The feeling I am getting is that the main ones are CM10, AOPK, and Eclipse. I heard the Eclipse isn't really based around customizability, which is what I want. I installed some version of AOPK that i don't think was meant for the D4, it was lovely but data did not work with it. This forum on here has big threads for CM10 and AOPK, but all the links on those threads are dead.

I would like to try CM10 because I had decent experiences with CM7 with my old Droid, but I can't find anything for it. On the CM website the most recent droid they even offer anything for is the Droid 2. So, I am looking for a way to download CM10 for the Droid 4, maybe a download of AOPK meant for the D4 that would work correctly, and/or some other quality Rom that I am not aware of. So, pardon my ignorance, but can anybody help me out?

Thanks a lot!

kenji91

Reaction score
I've been flipflopping between Eclipse (ICS) and AOKP (JB). I used to also use Z4ck's ROM's, and am awaiting his next move.

** Make sure you're on ICS 217 before flashing any of these roms.

In the meantime, you can go here for AOKP JB, AOSP JB, CM10, and CNA: Hashc0de's roms

Also, jsnweitzel has his own versions, based off of AOKP JB. They're here: Dev-Host - The Ultimate Free File Hosting / File Sharing Service

myfishbear has consistently provided us with the ever-stable Eclipse rom. He also has the D4HD rom here: Myfishbear's Rom Server ./Droid 4 Roms

There's also Speed Demon and kexec versions of AOKP/CM10, but I don't have much experience with those.

Keep in mind that running any JB rom on the ICS kernel, there WILL be bugs (no camera flash, data issues, etc). Just about any ICS rom will be fine.

OP
N

nilsh32

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the info. Unfortunate that both CM10 and AOPK have data issues. Is there any plans to update a the kernel for those Roms so that they will fix those issues? I suppose in the meantime I will try Eclipse, shame because i REALLY liked AOPK. Incidentally, the AOPK one that I already tried was one of jsnweitzel's. I doubt using a regular AOPK will solve my data issues so I guess my only real choice is Eclipse

kenji91

Reaction score
Hey, thanks for the info. Unfortunate that both CM10 and AOPK have data issues. Is there any plans to update a the kernel for those Roms so that they will fix those issues? I suppose in the meantime I will try Eclipse, shame because i REALLY liked AOPK. Incidentally, the AOPK one that I already tried was one of jsnweitzel's. I doubt using a regular AOPK will solve my data issues so I guess my only real choice is Eclipse

We'll have to wait for Verizon to release (or leak?) the JB kernel, unless there's a genius out there somewhere. :)

I actually did not have too many data issues using AOKP (either Hashc0de's or jsnweitzel's). The only issue I had was that the signal bar icon didn't reflect the actual signal. I was able to resolve this by switching to GSM mode and switching back to LTE/CDMA/EvDo after a few seconds.

I did, however, have one instance where I didn't receive any SMS messages for three hours without knowing people were sending them to me.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
The problem is that we have a locked bootloader sto it takes quite a bit of work to get AOKP and CM to work well. What I noticed is that I do have data but the signal is weaker, but it's still there. If the areas you frequent are close to the cell towers then you should not have much of a problem with the signals.

As far as the kexec builds, I don't think anything has been done on them in over a month. I know they are working on integrating 4.2 so the latest builds are a couple weeks old. Someone on XDA mentioned that it would be nice if a rom can be fully completed before moving on. It seems like work was going on with CM9 and when ICS came then work focused on ICS. When JB 4.1 came out work shifted to that, and now that 4.2 came out work is shifiting to that. I hope Google doesn't release Keylime Pie for a while so the devs can finish one of these builds.

And don't get me wrong, I love the developers' time and effort expended on these roms. This phenomena happens with cars too, as soon as a new model comes out the aftermarket shifts focus to the new model and the old one, even if great, is left behind.

kenji91

Reaction score

I'm pretty sure there's AOKP/AOSP/CM9 for ICS. It's just ICS, not JB.

OP
N

nilsh32

Reaction score
I've had it for a couple days, what would happen is it didn't have barely any service most places I went where normally I would have plenty of service, and even if I had service I could not send or receive picture messages, they would refuse to download or upload. Some apps that use data were working fine, but I suspect its because I am on a campus and am usually connected to a wifi network. So i got home today and reflashed my stock backup, and now I am looking around at my options.

kenji91

Reaction score
I've had it for a couple days, what would happen is it didn't have barely any service most places I went where normally I would have plenty of service, and even if I had service I could not send or receive picture messages, they would refuse to download or upload. Some apps that use data were working fine, but I suspect its because I am on a campus and am usually connected to a wifi network. So i got home today and reflashed my stock backup, and now I am looking around at my options.

MMS was an issue for a lot of people.

OP
N

nilsh32

Reaction score
Yeah, maybe I will go back to AOPK and deal with it. I love the layout, features, and feel of it, and it got better battery life than stock I think. Just tried to flash Eclipse and all i got was a black screen, which I assume is "brick," so I have reflashed stock yet again haha. Anybody have a link to a usable CM10 that I could try? Maybe even CM9

jerviszzb

Reaction score
Hello, everybody I come from China, I can not download Eclipse version 1.5.2 Who can help me to upload to another network disk so I can download Thank you