New to the Locked down Moto ROM game. Need an exit strategy

AMTrombley0924

Reaction score
So I would mod and ROM my OG Droid like there was no tomorrow. However, I haven't since then, and I know that doing it on it's great-grandson, the D4 is a little different. I am planning on flashing the Eclipse GB ROM (1.3?) and want to know what my exit strategy is. I've never used safestrap (having 2 systems is what's confusing me), and want to know how I can get 100% (still rooted) back to stock should my hardware ever need replacing. I already know how to root/unroot using the D4 utility, I just need to know how to remove the ROM. Is is still the same were I would just flash a backup and the ROM would be gone? A link to a thread that covers this, or an explanation would be REALLY appreciated. Thanks, guys!

LiquidOC

Reaction score
If you disable safe mode (not fast switch, but disable) it goes back to the stock rom, then you can delete safestrap and what not and it'll look like you never touched the phone.

OP
AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924

Reaction score
Got it. To understand this, this is because the flashed ROM is installed on the safe system, while the (untouched) stock ROM is on the unsafe system. Am I right?

Last question. What safestrap version do I need for the above mentioned ROM, Eclipse 1.3?

GigaJake

Reaction score
If you're still running a GB kernel and plan to flash a GB rom then you need version 1.09

Safestrap 2.0 is for ICS leak users

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
That's the beauty of safestrap, your stock system (non-safe) is left alone and on the safe system you can put any compatiable rom you want. Going back to stock is as easy as disabling your safe system.