Droid 4 - constant "Non Responsive" error message

KanAPeas

Reaction score
I bought this Droid 4 off of ebay, as I have had success in the past and love the phone. Just outside of the 30 day return policy, the phone has started unexpectedly freezing when using apps. It gives me the choices of Wait, Report or Okay- when it tells me that the app has unexpectedly stopped working (non-responsive). Is anyone else seeing this? It appears to have its operating system up to date but does not appear to work well with app updates.

I have noticed that it is not just the apps that is doing this. its Settings, Homescreen and various other phone functions.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be helpful. I am considering doing a factory data reset but I am not sure if I need to do anything more in depth than that...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I would try downloading Clean Master and giving that a run, see if that helps any.

OP
KanAPeas

KanAPeas

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, I have had it since yesterday morning after your suggestion- but it doesn't seem to do anything to help the problem. Its happening with almost everything thing I do. I bought the phone used and I realize that it might have some issues-- but this is a bit ridiculous. Do you think factory data reset will help?

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Thanks for the advice, I have had it since yesterday morning after your suggestion- but it doesn't seem to do anything to help the problem. Its happening with almost everything thing I do. I bought the phone used and I realize that it might have some issues-- but this is a bit ridiculous. Do you think factory data reset will help?
Factory reset is a good place to start, also could try reflashing firmware/xml

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk