Droid 4 superuser/unroot.

soxxie

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I rooted my Droid 4 using bubsybox/motofail. About an hour after rooting SU updated itself and I lost the ability to have super user control. Even though I was rooted and had open permission allowed, all my apps said my 4 was not rooted. I got so frustrated I just let it be. Fast forward and I'm having major battery issues so I am getting the phone replaced (gg non removable battery). And now I'm stuck as how to get SU off before Verizon gets it back. I have tried to unroot then reroot and unroot using droid utlilty. And every time it has claimed 'SUCCESS' however i see the error lines in the program about SU already existing.
"rm failed for ... read only file system"
I have also factory reset.
So now I'm at a loss, I've searched the forums but with no luck as to this specific problem.
Any and all help is welcome.

Last edited:

Dave Lister

Reaction score
I've read elsewhere that using motofail directly instead of the Droid 4 utility will work to re-root the phone when su is still on it. Try that, and then unroot.

OP
S

soxxie

Reaction score
I've read elsewhere that using motofail directly instead of the Droid 4 utility will work to re-root the phone when su is still on it. Try that, and then unroot.
This worked perfectly, Thank you!