Droid 4, black screen looks cracked but isn't?????

Droid_Gal

Reaction score
I haven't thrown the phone or anything like that, I was on vent talking to a friend and pressing the hold to talk. The screen went black, i pressed the power button then i saw the black screen and what looked like a crack in it. I freaked out cause I've never seen a phone do anything like that, I called up Verizon as soon as it happened to see about getting it replaced since the screen would not come up no matter what i did. I can't remove the battery, i turned it off last night and left it off all night long and when i got up to turn it on it was still like that. I don't know what screen it's at or anything, it still works to my knowledge. I got my texts and notifications and such but it just will NOT show anything other than the black screen and what looks like a crack. Also Verizon said we didn't order the protection plan when we ordered our phones and we only had 30 days after that time to do it, i do not believe it is right either way. My husband and I are OCD about our phones and protect them as they were our children. I know we order the protection since we ordered the screen protectors and cases. Please help me.:icon_ banana:dancedroidDancingNexus

PS. I took a screen shot hoping it would show whats wrong with it but it only showed my lock screen, is that good?