DROID 3 or Bionic?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
...and yes I can't imagine that we will be seeing ICS for a great while. Since Gingerbread was release last winter and Verizon is releasing phones with froyo still. I think the Xperia Play has GB.

akhi216

Reaction score
Isn't the d3 going to be the first phone actually released with gingerbread?

To my understanding the first phone that shipped with Gingerbread was the Nexus S 4G on Sprint, and the first phone to ship with Gingerbread on Verizon was the Xperia Play. Sony Ericsson uses this fact as a marketing scheme.

darkmatter

Reaction score
ah, I didn't think of xplay. and I generally don't count the nexus phones in a battle of whose first, cause those phones always are.

also, the size of the speaker concerns me a little. one of the things I've always loved about my d1 was the speaker, and it actually being useful.

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why there are constant "Droid 3 or Bionic" posts? Last I checked, the Bionic is touch-screen only which should effectively put an end to the comparisons. I'd understand the comparison if both were sliders, but the constant pairing up just tells me there are too many folks who really fail to grasp the importance and value of a real keyboard.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Can someone explain to me why there are constant "Droid 3 or Bionic" posts? Last I checked, the Bionic is touch-screen only which should effectively put an end to the comparisons. I'd understand the comparison if both were sliders, but the constant pairing up just tells me there are too many folks who really fail to grasp the importance and value of a real keyboard.

Well, they are both great "Droid" phones releasing very close to each other, so Id say people have a reason to compare.

Reaction score

Well, they are both great "Droid" phones releasing very close to each other, so Id say people have a reason to compare.

That is where you go one further and consider one is 3G and the other is LTE. It would make more sense to see constant "Bionic or Charge" posts. It's just a very apples and oranges thing to me.

akhi216

Reaction score
No 4G.. What were they thinking? Defiantly waiting for the bionic

I think that they were influenced by the fact that 3G speeds in cities that have 4G turned are significantly faster due to increased bandwidth.

akhi216

Reaction score

That is where you go one further and consider one is 3G and the other is LTE. It would make more sense to see constant "Bionic or Charge" posts. It's just a very apples and oranges thing to me.

I agree, but there are those who LTE is a non-factor to due to them either having home wifi or a LTE mobile hotspot/MiFi.

Stevelord

Reaction score
I'm all about speed. But....what do I need 4G for? To where it's worth the increased battery drain? HD videos? That it?

OP
B

brooklyn2410

Reaction score

nobody is going to get a charge over the bionic after the bionic releases. the only thing the charge has over the bionic would be the screen. it actually makes alot more sense yo compare the bionic to the D3 because both are actually really good phones both having dual core OMAP processors and both having qhd screens. me personally im waiting for the bionic. anyone saying that the 4g isn't all that necessary is in denial right now I get about 1 nd a half MB down on Verizon 3g which isn't so bad but if I have the chance to get in the double digits of download speed im investing in that. nd plus im pretty sure the bionic is going to have the OMAP 4460 compared to the OMAP 4430 which is supposedly a little better in overall CPU power. its a good comparison between two really good phones. maybe if the D3 had LTE then it would really be difficult choice for me but upgrading into a phone that only has 3g nd im supposedly supposed to hav this phone for 2 years it really doesn't make sense. 2 years from now Lte is going to be everywhere and all those people who just upgraded to a D3 or a DI2 or even the DX2 are going to be complaining about they can't wait to upgrade and how slow 3g is and how they cnt stand it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Vito.a

Reaction score
Actually, the Verizon business plan calls for 4G upgrade to all current 3G markets by the END of 2013. So, if they stay on track, rural areas will not see 4G for 2 1/2 years and that depends on them staying on schedule.

Most of us will be 2 or 3 phones down the line by then.