Droid 3 Kernel

yahyaisrael

Reaction score
Looking for a Kernel to overclock my Droid3. Stable Kernel with instructions on how to put it in. Like to see how far I can push the Processor and be stable.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Droid 3 has a locked bootloader, kernel upgrades are not possible.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
there is no way to get around that?

there has not been a way found to make this possible... because of the encryption... and the efuse moto built into the device...

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Keep hoping for a unlock option with ICS. But only time will tell.

LLR0717

OP
Y

yahyaisrael

Reaction score
Here they talk about the Droid Razor having an unlocked version and a locked version. I heard the Droid 4 will be very similar to the Razor. So, maybe get me a Droid 4 there may soon be the ability to overclock. Am I looking at this wrong?

"If we stop and think for a minute though, this means that phones that are almost identical to the Droid RAZR will have factory code from Motorola to unlock the bootloader, ripe for the picking. Developers have a new avenue to explore, and if you were willing to unlock your bootloader in the first place, you shouldn't balk at a method found by hackers to get it done. We'd like to see both a secure and unlockable option offered, but we'll take whatever we can get. Let's keep our fingers crossed that an unlockable version of the RAZR falls into the right hands -- I think it will."
Original Link:
Motorola RAZR will have a bootloader unlock solution for international versions | Android Central

OP
Y

yahyaisrael

Reaction score
Well it seems to be rumored that Motorola has announced that by end of 2011 the bootloader will be unlocked for the droid 3 and Bionic. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Not all hope is lost as Motorola did say the the new bootloader would not be available until “late 2011″, so it’s still possible we could see it turn up in a future
Motorola DROID 3 Shipping With Locked Bootloader | TheUnlockr

ex0rcist

Reaction score