Droid 3 Contacts issues (Facebook + Quick Contacts widget)

gstein42

Reaction score
I just got my Droid 3 on Monday, after a bit more than a month with my Droid 2 Global.
I think I have figured out most of it, except for 2 things.

First off, i really like the Quick contacts widget in 2.3, but some contacts aren't showing up properly. For example, i have my dad listed as a favorite, but if i tap on his icon to call him, it brings up the Contact entry for my coworker (and i have already checked to be sure that they didn't accidentally become merged)

Second, I have imported my facebook contacts to my address book. All of the imported phone numbers appear in the format +1-xxx-xxx-xxxx. NBD, but if i try to actually call one of these 1-prefixed numbers, the call fails ("the call can not be completed as dialed, please check the number and try your call again").

Any idea of how to fix these issues (or at least a decent workaround that doesn't' sacrifice too much functionality)
Thanks!

dancedroid

DROID3BLUESINNJ

Reaction score
I have the same issue. If i save as an example "johns cell" as a favorite, i look at my favorites and i see it saved "marys home" !!! I have tried it for many contacts and there is something wrong with the software when you try to save a contact as a favorite on the droid 3. This happens with the quick contact widget or just trying to save a contact as a favorite. My d3 is 1 month old........... Any suggestions or solutions other than a hard reset or replacement. Really don't want to go there......

chelmarsie

Reaction score
I am having the same issue and this is very frustrating that there are no answers out there to fix this...we have a business account and just got the Droid 3's last week and there is no tech support on weekends for business accounts (that sucks cuz people do actually do business on the weekends theses days)...so I am frustrated to say the least. worked on it for over 2 hours trying to figure out what the problem is. Cant believe brand new phone and expensive one at that and already has issues and bugs! crazy! wonder if they will ever make a cell that actually works OUT of the box

ladycaity

Reaction score
I am having the same problem and have only had my phone for about a week now. This is incredibly frustrating, as it is adding in people I barely ever contact into my favorites list. I ask to add "Kait" and it adds "Matt". Using the Quick Contact widget it shows the contact name being correct, but the numbers all belong to someone else - even worse! :angry:

red21

Reaction score
Quick Contacts widget does not work on Droid Bionic

Like other posters, I have had my droid bionic for 1 week and the quick contact widget does not work right at all. It will dial the wrong person almost everytime. Any ideas how to fix, update, or find a better app for similar functionality? Thanks! :mad: