Droid 2 Themes and Wallpapers?

DTaylor

Reaction score
Hey guys, VERY new to the board...

Been searching around and found tons of wallpapers and themes for the D1 but are there any out for the D2 or is the phone just too new? Are there apps that I can use to change my skins/themes? I downloaded and paid for beautiful widgets but all of the instructions I can find to use it are for the Droid 1, the Droid 2 has two options for adding widgets, Moto and Android...so not sure what to do really.....

Anyway I know that's a lot of questions and I am sure I will have more but if someone would be so nice as to help me out I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!
D.

OP
D

DTaylor

Reaction score
So...are there any themes and wallpapers for the D2? Can I use the ones from the D1 threads? Would my phone have to be rooted for me to even be able to use a theme in the first place or is there a theme app I can grab?

Redflea

Silver Member
Reaction score
Look in the ROMs section of this board for themes and ROMs.

Do NOT try D1 ROMs/Themes on a D2. As Egon said, "That would be bad..."

OP
D

DTaylor

Reaction score
I hate to ask...but what is a ROM and do I need to have my phone be rooted in order to use them?

Wolfman5101

Reaction score
Well, Here we go. I'll just answer your original question.

There are apps called openhome or pandahome. Both of these apps can be used to change themes. Download these, then look up openhome or pandahome themes. After you find one (or a few if you want) go back into open/pandahome and apply the themes. There are also other home apps like AHome and such. There are a TON of themes for these so you're bound to find one. Also, If you press the menu button on your droid 2 (the 1st button below thew screen) it should come up with wallpapers if you are at the home screen. You can appls pretty much and picture you have as a wallpaper. Your phone also has pre-installed wallpapers. Have fun with your phone! Oh, and don't worry about ROM's or anything yet. I rooted my droid before I had a clue what the heck I was doing and got into quite a few bad situations. Enjoy your non rooted droid 2.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wolfman is right but I would also add that adw launcher is pretty good and has some nice themes. Far easier than rooting and roming but not quite as satisfying.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

SPerry

Reaction score
I disagree with Wolfman and Spaz. Rooting and deodexing isn't that complicated. Do some reading in the ROM section and follow the how to links. You will learn what is what pretty quickly. By doing these things not only will you have access to better themes, make full backups of your phone and be able to improve the speed of your phone and extend battery life by stopping the apps you dont use from running by default. The best advice I can give is research and BackUp BEFORE you make changes.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I disagree with Wolfman and Spaz. Rooting and deodexing isn't that complicated. Do some reading in the ROM section and follow the how to links. You will learn what is what pretty quickly. By doing these things not only will you have access to better themes, make full backups of your phone and be able to improve the speed of your phone and extend battery life by stopping the apps you dont use from running by default. The best advice I can give is research and BackUp BEFORE you make changes.

I didn't necessarily say rooting and roming was hard just that using adw was easier which it is. Rooting is very easy these days but but it requires more work than downloading an app from the marketplace. If you feel comfortable doing so then by all means.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

nhra1ss

Reaction score
If you are lookig for wallpaper to download, I added Flikie Wallpaper to my D2. Seems like a ton of ones to pick from in this, though I have only used a few. To many to browse through, lol. I found it in the market,search for wallpaper. And it is free.

trishygr

Reaction score
I'm a noob Droid 2 owner, found this site/thread because of the same issue. I took the suggestion about ADW after downloading and being disappointed with pandahome. I LOVE ADW! Lots of cool options, including being able to stop wallpaper scrolling (which was another issue I had). Thanks for the advice. It does seem to slow it down quite a bit though and I haven't figured out a way to fix that. Any suggestions?

*non-rooter :)

Thruway

Reaction score
If you don't want to root (mine isn't, for some reason I perfer it that way)
I reccomend you download for customization...
1. Beautiful Widgets
2. aHome
3. Launcher Pro