Droid 2 stuck on bootloader screen - trying to SBF

adt1982

Reaction score
I have a bricked D2. I've gone through all the steps to flash using RSDlite but when the phone reboots it goes to the bootloader screen. RSDlite says it finished and the phone rebooted as it says it should, but I can't get any further.

Help!

OP
A

adt1982

Reaction score
I've tried to SBF 3 times. I get the above result each time. I've tried pulling the battery as well.

huskur

Reaction score
What version of RSD lite are you using? I recommend 4.8

It runs natively as administrator on all machines. That may be your issue.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK….sbf says successful? And you unplug and when you boot it goes into bootloader?

TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

Now I also want to mention that you may want to Google TBH App, because they have a file that you can install that will do a sbf for you as well. And I moved you here because if my help doesn't work, maybe an RS member can help you.

OP
A

adt1982

Reaction score
Yes, it says successful and goes into bootloader when it boots after being unplugged.

RSD lite is version 4.8.

OP
A

adt1982

Reaction score
I'm going to try downloading everything again and starting from scratch. Will follow hookbill's post and report back.

Thanks for the help in moving the thread as well. :)

ric5141

Reaction score
I have pretty much the same issue. I can get to the ! mark in the triangle but when I hit the search button nothing happens. I am re-downloading everything and trying again. I also tried sbf_flash and everything says its good but on the reboot goes right back to the bootloader.

ric5141

Reaction score
Still no glory.....It seems that this thing must be a brick or maybe the keyboard is shot. It indicates success on the sbf flash but then I cannot get into the system reset menu from the triangle with the ! in it.

I hold the x down at power up. It goes to the triangle with the !. I hit the search(magnifying glass on the slide out keyboard) and nothing happens.....

Just a thought does it require an sd card in it for the sbf flash?

ric5141

Reaction score
Instead of hitting the search key, press the volume up and down buttons at the same time.

I tried that also. This is a Droid 2. But at this point I was trying anything I could think of. I still have no tbeen able to get in and clear the cache etc.

I have a couple thoughts on this. Either the search key is fubarred or the memory is not maintaining the flash. A diagnostics program for these would be awesome. It woudl save lots of time.....

Just a thought it loads up like an SBF and then runs through a series of tests....

Still trying but no change

ric5141

Reaction score
Ok so playing around with this brick some more. Flashed the 2.35 bootloader to it. Flash went and on restarting showed the 2.35 version in the loader screen. Retried flashing the 2.3.20 sbf to it....Now I see and "ritical error FEBE 0047" and a fail on the loader (using sbf_flash).

Tried going in and clearing the cache but still no menu access.

Rebooted and flashed to the 2.37 boot loader...and now I am getting the same error as the 2.35 bootloader....

LOL...Making some real progress here!!! Not...

Just about ready to say part it out!!!

Dooh...used the wrong complete sbf in the test. Used the correct one and the result with both the 2.35 and the 2.37 loader are the same. Loads says it is fine reboots and no joy. Still cannot get into the reset menu.

Last edited:

hurleygirlie05

Reaction score
I have pretty much the same issue. I can get to the ! mark in the triangle but when I hit the search button nothing happens. I am re-downloading everything and trying again. I also tried sbf_flash and everything says its good but on the reboot goes right back to the bootloader.

I had the same issue then I found on a thread to use the volume keys on the side after hitting the magnifying glass. Sure enough, my options popped up. I used the enter key to select and cleared memory and cache and rebooted and now my phone is stuck with the stupid Motorola M. I have tried pulling battery and rebooting but with no luck. I NEED HELP!

hurleygirlie05

Reaction score
Instead of hitting the search key, press the volume up and down buttons at the same time.

I did this and was finally able to clear memory and cache. When I rebooted from the screen, my phone now shows the Motorola M. Any suggestions?? It is frozen there...

Thanks!