Droid 2 specs vs. droid 1?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I am going to a DROID for my next phone. Tired of my X and its locked bootloader

sent from my ZombieStomped X

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I know the D2 is faster, but I think the D1 has more customization because of the unlocked bootloader (not sure though lol) but I was curious just how much faster a D2 is...you have any benchmark/linpack scores to compare?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Reminds me, there was some guy's pipe dream to just solder in a new 512/768mb ram chip into a d1 :laugh:
If it worked, I wonder just how much more powerful that 1 phone would become. Maybe toss in a new processor while they're at it?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Reminds me, there was some guy's pipe dream to just solder in a new 512/768mb ram chip into a d1 :laugh:
If it worked, I wonder just how much more powerful that 1 phone would become. Maybe toss in a new processor while they're at it?

That could very well be the future of all the android phones...make them like PC's where you can upgrade the ram fairly easily and hell throw in video cards etc lol

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Byakushiki

Reaction score
Lol I might just try to pull that off one day, would laugh it it worked
:laugh:
Another thing: Lol one of my friends also suggested trying to fit in two dual core processors on top of the 768mb ram chip. Imagine the performance if it worked...(d1>d3?)

Last edited: