Droid 2 possibly screwed.

TheBoldImperator

Reaction score
Alright guys, I'm suffering from a major problem and I need your help.

Two days ago, I convinced my friend to let me root and flash his Droid 2. As I've rooted and flashed two phones in the past, I was fairly certain I would succeed.

After finishing the root, I flashed Apex 1.4.1 to get to something that had the Gingerbread leak. Then, and here's where I undoubtedly messed up, I flashed Apex 2.0 over that after a quick factory reset.

So, now it hangs at the Google bootscreen, and I have a very angry friend on my tail. Doing another factory reset/cache wipe does nothing. No matter how many times I battery pull, I can't get Clockworkmod to pop up. (I REALLY wish there was just an update.zip file I could use...)

So, I resorted to SBFing. After multiple failed attempts with TBH's file and the latest version of RSDlite + the Motorola drivers, I resorted to using the Linux live CD method, and that failed, as well.

Every time I try, I just get error FEBE 0047. I can still boot into the recovery and bootloader as if nothing happened, though.

So, I'm stuck. This is the error I get off of RSDlite. [Device ID: 0] Phone[0000]: Error sending JUMP command Device API Error: 0xE0020047 Address: 0x82000000 Command: JUMP

Any, ANY sort of help would be most appreciated. I really don't want to tell one of my best friends that I ruined his phone and force him to make a warranty claim.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score

Two days ago, I convinced my friend to let me root and flash his Droid 2. As I've rooted and flashed two phones in the past, I was fairly certain I would succeed.

After finishing the root, I flashed Apex 1.4.1 to get to something that had the Gingerbread leak. Then, and here's where I undoubtedly messed up, I flashed Apex 2.0 over that after a quick factory reset.

So, now it hangs at the Google bootscreen, and I have a very angry friend on my tail. Doing another factory reset/cache wipe does nothing. No matter how many times I battery pull, I can't get Clockworkmod to pop up. (I REALLY wish there was just an update.zip file I could use...)

So, I resorted to SBFing. After multiple failed attempts with TBH's file and the latest version of RSDlite + the Motorola drivers, I resorted to using the Linux live CD method, and that failed, as well.

Every time I try, I just get error FEBE 0047. I can still boot into the recovery and bootloader as if nothing happened, though.

So, I'm stuck. This is the error I get off of RSDlite. [Device ID: 0] Phone[0000]: Error sending JUMP command Device API Error: 0xE0020047 Address: 0x82000000 Command: JUMP

Any, ANY sort of help would be most appreciated. I really don't want to tell one of my best friends that I ruined his phone and force him to make a warranty claim.

Doing a google search for that exact error seems to suggest that you may either have the wrong bootloader version or the wrong sbf file.

May want to look through this guide to double check the process. I don't have a D2, just trying to help:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=770224

Last edited:

Thisguy89

Reaction score

First off, I have to ask...
You sure it's just a regular Droid 2, and not the Droid 2 Global?
Second (for future reference), Apex 1.4.1 is Froyo, not Gingerbread, which is what messed this up.

I'm uploading the drivers/sbf that I've used many times on my D2, I'll post them once they're done.

OP
T

TheBoldImperator

Reaction score
Second (for future reference), Apex 1.4.1 is Froyo, not Gingerbread, which is what messed this up.

I'm uploading the drivers/sbf that I've used many times on my D2, I'll post them once they're done.

Oh dear. I messed this up far worse than I thought.

My friend's Droid 2 was in fact, a Droid 2 Global. I didn't even know Verizon was selling them in the US.

Am I entirely screwed, now? Can I still use a Droid 2 global SBF to repair the damage I've done?

Thisguy89

Reaction score

Oh dear. I messed this up far worse than I thought.

My friend's Droid 2 was in fact, a Droid 2 Global. I didn't even know Verizon was selling them in the US.

Am I entirely screwed, now? Can I still use a Droid 2 global SBF to repair the damage I've done?

As long as you can get to the bootloader (power + up), you're fine. Just gotta find the sbf for the Global.

EDIT: Here's a link to the Global sbf
http://www.mydroidworld.com/forums/...id-2-global-sbf-file-2-4-29-full-rsdlite.html

EDIT2: Hope this doesn't deter your friend from wanting to root. The ROM selection for the Global is a bit slimmer. AngelRom and Hexen are both good, stable ROMs you can flash. They're Froyo, but excellent nonetheless. CM7 is also available for the D2G, but I think it still has some kinks. Don't quote me on that, though.

Last edited:
OP
T

TheBoldImperator

Reaction score
YES! The D2G global SBF worked! Back at stock, and a real breather off my neck. Thanks for the timely replies, guys.