DROID 2 on 2.2.1

micp1480

Reaction score
I am currently rooted on the DROID 2 with the lated Fission ROM. I would like to come over to GUMMYJAR, but according to my readings about the installation of this ROM, it says I need to be on 2.3. My phone has repeatedly says I am running the latest version (2.2.1), and that there are no updates currently available. If I can't in deed run the GUMMYJAR ROM with my current version, can I get an answer where I can locate and download 2.3? Thank you.

MICP1480

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Its a verizon or motorola pushed update, and we really havent been given a timeframe.

Most people speculate that the android 2.3 (aka gingerbread) update will hit newer devices in a month or two.

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G

Reaction score
2.2 and 2.3 are the Android system versions, not the Android version. You are on Android version 2.2 still, EVERYONE is, unless they're running some leaked GB. You just need the latest OTA update from Verizon to update your system version. To do this, your phone has to be running the stock ROM, with all the stock bloatware unfrozen, so you can pull the OTA update. There are also ways to manually apply the update, but I don't know what they are. I don't even have a D2, I have a D2G. Just look around the forum, I'm sure the question has been answered many times.

kptphalkon

Reaction score
Hmmm.....
Well that clears things up a little for me.
Basically we're all running 2.2 (except those lucky select phones like the nexus) but the core system is what has been updated?
Correct me if i am wrong.

Sent from the F-Zero cockpit on my D2G