Droid 2 Going EXTREMELY Slow

Check101

Reaction score
I am new to rooting and similar Droid programming stuff, but, I decided to go ahead and try it, and was successful. My initial desire to root my Droid was so I could do the WiFi Tethering without paying for Verizon's 3G Mobile Hotspot service. But, as I began researching rooting further, I learned about custom ROMs, and different root only apps. While those weren't really priorities to me, I felt like I wanted to try out a diferent ROM. Then, i learned if the installation process goes bad, the whole phone could get bricked!

So that's when I learned about something called a Nandroid back up. I was following instructions to make a Nandroid backup, and it used an app called DroidRootHelper, or something round those lines, I removed the app in hopes it would fix the problem.

So I messed up in trying to make a Nandroid backup, and a screen with a little android figure with a warning sign with an exclamation mark showed up, and my phone was locked up. I quickly fixed this by removing the battery of my Droid 2, and putting it back in. I booted my Droid, and everything SEEMED back to normal before this dangerous experiment took place.

But, as the title says, my phone began running EXTREMELY slow, so slow, I felt as if PCs still using Dial-Up internet were faster. Now, my question to the community here: How do I solve this problem? I was thinking that restoring it to factory settings would fix the issue. I did not remove any bloatware, in case that's necessary. But, can I go to factory settings when my Droid is rooted? or must I unroot it? And will reverting to factory settings even fix the problem? Note: the Droid only started slowing down after the failed attempt to make a Nandroid backup, not when the phone was rooted.

Could any other apps have caused this problem? I need a solution... fast, hopefully.