Droid 2 Global extended battery.

jbdow

Reaction score
Does this "slight bulge" make it kinda a tight fit in the cases?
just wondering if it might rub too much...

r, john

mrmattch3w

Reaction score
it depends on what case you have. i cant speak for the otterbox but there are a few on verizons website that fit both the extended and the stock battery. i got the transparent one but i ended up not using any of the cases i bought (3) because i use the car mount more often that i used to

K20turbo

Reaction score
Taking my batter back makes the phone too heavy

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

K20turbo

Reaction score
It makes it heavier than it already is

davis119

Reaction score
is the extended battery worth it ?does it last alot longer ?
and can someone post pics of the D2G with the ext.batt

only one of the pics above work and its a of the X

zsnowangel

Reaction score
New Case for the extended battery with Droid 2?

I just installed the extended battery for my D2G and it sticks out maybe less than 1/8th of an inch.

Do you need a new rear door/special case if you buy the extended battery for the droid 2? :motdroidhoriz:

STEVESKI

Reaction score
I just installed the extended battery for my D2G and it sticks out maybe less than 1/8th of an inch.

Do you need a new rear door/special case if you buy the extended battery for the droid 2? :motdroidhoriz:

Yes you do. If you buy it from Verizon, it will come with the extended battery cover. As far as cases, some will fit and some won't. It depends on how tight they are against the battery door before you put the new one on.

Listicka

Reaction score
I just returned mine today. I ordered white from a local Verizon store and was sworn it will be white. Not so, it was blue. I like my D2G naked and love the white color. It matters to me to have the whole back white - I find it stylish...
The Verizon sale personal either do not know what they sell, or donut care.

Doe anyone know when will be white available? I checked Motorola web, they show only batteries.
Or does anyone use the R2-D2 for their D2G white?

Thanx

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
The R2D2 Extended battery matches the D2G

brando56894

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting a slim extended battery but before the D2 came out seido canceled it and i completely forgot about it. Now that I see that the 1.8 amp on isnt that big I may get it. Slightly worried about using it in my two docks though (car and multimedia), I heard it fits in the multimedia dock but not the car dock, which I may mod anyway to keep my charging cable in the unit since the port is loose.