Droid 2 Global extended battery.

cjvdh

Reaction score
I was in Verizon today trying to get an extended battery for my finance droid 2 global. I got the extended battery for my X and it really isn't raised to much maybe an 1/8 inch if that. My question is how thick does the battery stick out of the back of the droid 2? The Verizon wireless clerk said it sticks out as thick as your finger which would be like 3/4 inch which that's crazy if she's being serious. can someone please help me out. Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
From the pictures I've seen its prob a little under 1/4 of an inch. In any case its a negligible amount. Not nearly that of a finger.

tappin and a talkin

itchn2go

Reaction score
I have a D1 with the ext battery and door. It is barley noticeable.

bobcam1

Reaction score
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I just bought an extended battery for my Droid X, with the deeper door, at Motorola.com for just under 30 bucks, postage included, with the code GIFT4U60.

Found the code on another forum and it works for all of the items on the Motorola site.

Hope it helps some of you here....:)

Cheers,
Bob.

aklabs

Reaction score
I just installed the extended battery for my D2G and it sticks out maybe less than 1/8th of an inch.

K20turbo

Reaction score
My purchase is in transit. I thought this was too good to be true but it isn't. The discount works and im 150 down in my pocket. I purchased tons of stuff though...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why people by the extended battery. Get an extra battery from Amazon for around 8.00

Get a charger off of ebay for 5.00 and you're good to go.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why people by the extended battery. Get an extra battery from Amazon for around 8.00

For me it's simply a matter of convenience -- I dont really want to carry around an extra battery and charger, and the $30 is worth not having to think about it.

K20turbo

Reaction score

thats what i been saying... but thought id try it out and its actually not that bad. i thought it would buldge out a lot more than it was... it wasnt like that but you can tell its there but it looks great at the same time unlike the sedio.