Droid 2 FB Sync Issue

Maximilious

Reaction score
Is it possible to set up a different folder/group so that you don't have to scroll through those extra 200 people? I know it isn't a solution, but it might be a decent work around.

If you can't set them up through the phone perhaps you can set them up via groups in FB. I have several groups in FB for the random highschool friends I no longer talk to just to filter them out from the real friends I do talk to. Perhaps FB groups will sync via MOTOBLUR.

CM-Freak

Reaction score
btw , do you know of a way to put contacts into groups for easier access?

just go to contacts > menu button > Display Groups > Create new Group
then just add contacts

you can use these groups to filter social network updates

ripsting

Reaction score
I contacted Motorola through their support email address. Here's what they had to say

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I’ve reviewed your e-mail and I’m ready to help.

You will actually have the option not to sync your contacts from your Facebook account to your Motorola DROID 2. Try removing the account first and follow the steps on the link below:

DROID 2 - Facebook
https://motorola-global-eng.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/51259

We hope that you find this information useful and look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at Motorola DROID 2 - Motorola, Inc. USA

But the guide they posted isn't relevant to the Droid 2.
The necessary options aren't there.

I would encourage everyone to contact Motorola at [email protected] to push this issue ahead in their agenda.

crankyg

Reaction score
btw , do you know of a way to put contacts into groups for easier access?

just go to contacts > menu button > Display Groups > Create new Group
then just add contacts

you can use these groups to filter social network updates

CM, I just looked at this now, and it's exactly what I wanted. Thank you so much for your help :)

Reaction score
i deleted the app and installed it again and there still a few ppl in my contacts from FB that i dont need wut shud i do?

mister880

Reaction score
under the social networking, remove your facebook account.
your contacts will of course lose any picture associations facebook gave them and lose there "status"messages.

D2Debbie

Reaction score
I found this quite annoying as well, all those FB contacts make my contacts useless. I just use the Favorites designation to sort out all the people I actually communicate with on a regular basis.

Mr.Droid2

Reaction score
How come when my friends on FB change their profile picture, it doesn't update in my contact list. Help me?

Mr.Droid2

Reaction score
How come when my friends on FB change their profile picture, it doesn't update in my contact list. Help me?

yeah im having a similar issue and looking into how to fix it ill post back if i find anything.

Yesterday I got a call from my friend with her new profile picture when I end it, she had the old one still. -__- and please post back if you find how to fix it. Thank you

CM-Freak

Reaction score
O Sh!t

I realize that the motoblur version of the facebook widget overwrites the android facebook app by forcing all your facebook contacts in your contacts list, however i ran into a problem.

before i figured out its an all or nothing thing and the android app doesnt help anything, i deleted my motoblur facebook account to remove my facebook contacts. But now that i know its all or nothing i would rather have them all in there to still have the pictures and status updates linked to my phone contacts, the only problem is when i re added my account it didnt give me any of my contacts back. no pictures or anything, and when i tell it to show the facebook group it says "you do not have any contacts"

like i said it worked the first time and added them all to my phone, i removed the account which removed all the contacts and everything linked to them, but now that i want it all back and re added my facebook account it doesnt give me anything

As i was trying to figure out the problem with the pictures not updating i unintentionally put myself into the same hole you seem to be in did you ever fix this

CM-Freak

Reaction score
Self fix

Ok double edged blade

first good news i got all my facebook contact pictures back it just took a long time to start loading. also they are updated to the new pictures

bad news this is not an acceptable way to update your contacts pictures. so i will try to find a better way.
--as a side note alot of other forums and sites have mentioned syncmypix app as a way but i have not tried it myself if someone here has let me know if it works

Mr.Droid2

Reaction score
Ok double edged blade

first good news i got all my facebook contact pictures back it just took a long time to start loading. also they are updated to the new pictures

bad news this is not an acceptable way to update your contacts pictures. so i will try to find a better way.
--as a side note alot of other forums and sites have mentioned syncmypix app as a way but i have not tried it myself if someone here has let me know if it works

Well can you tell me how'd you do it. And let me know if that syncmypix app works.

CM-Freak

Reaction score
Ok soon

Well can you tell me how'd you do it. And let me know if that syncmypix app works.

How i did it? i removed my facebook account from my accounts and then reloaded it. then shut my phone off and after a few minutes the pictures started to come back with the new ones.

as for the syncmypix app ill try to test it but it may be a few days

Mr.Droid2

Reaction score

How i did it? i removed my facebook account from my accounts and then reloaded it. then shut my phone off and after a few minutes the pictures started to come back with the new ones.

as for the syncmypix app ill try to test it but it may be a few days

Ohh okay I will try that but does it delete any of my contacts?

Last edited: