Droid 2 FB Sync Issue

CM-Freak

Reaction score
syncmypix

Well can you tell me how'd you do it. And let me know if that syncmypix app works.

How i did it? i removed my facebook account from my accounts and then reloaded it. then shut my phone off and after a few minutes the pictures started to come back with the new ones.

as for the syncmypix app ill try to test it but it may be a few days

Ohh okay I will try that but does it delete any of my contacts?

ok tested syncmypix and it works kind of it doesn't seem to update the pictures when i look at them through my contacts but when texting the person the new picture is there

so take this information and use it as you will. i dont know if this is a over look able flaw but for now other then removing facebook and re syncing every so often this is our only option.

edit
PS - it doesnt delete contacts

DeniseSays

Reaction score
I know at the top of contacts is the option to sort the list by email contacts you have synced, FB, twitter, phone, etc. But it's annoying constantly having to select phone. I don't care to see my twitter contacts or FB contacts whose number I didn't already have stored listed in my contact list. There should be a more permanent way to set the phone to not sync / include them. My contact list also takes forever to load, probably because it's including all the dang twitter/fb people. And my FB notifications only come through every month of Sundays.

...my point being I believe it to be a Blur/FB issue and it'd be SUPER if they'd work on it. Nothing to add to this other then similar issues & venting, lol

CM-Freak

Reaction score
Ok soo I know this is a while after but had some extra time and figured out a better solution for me and hopefully everyone else.

If you remove your facebook account from the phone and use syncmypic it will sync just the contacts you have thru your phone/google and you can schedule updates. Also without the facebook account your contacts will be default to your phone/google contacts.

And I just use the facebook app from market for fb access.
This means no blur widgets if anyone uses those.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

leakim13

Reaction score
I could care less if facebook adds more people to my contact list as simply typing a name in to search is no big deal (or just using the voice search works really well also), but my issue is that when I type a name and get to their contact page all that's there is facebook status' email options etc, its a damn phone and I can't call/text without clicking on their pic and then clicking a super small call/text option. I mean seriously? That's insane. I like the motoblur stuff as a whole but this is completely unacceptable. How can you change the info that's displayed when u choose a contact? I've tried just about everything I can think of. I'm rooted and haven't installed a rom or a theme and am running launcher pro. This issue just started out of no where....

CM-Freak

Reaction score
Well considering that is how my phone has always been I'm going to assume it started when you updated to froyo cause I have the droid 2(stock froyo) and my contacts information has always sucked like that.

I have not looked for a fix of this but maybe another thread or start one to see if others have fixed it.

Hope that at least helps with the source of your problem.

CLMspartan

Reaction score
I'm so glad that others are having this same problem. I could have sworn that there was an initial option to sync all contacts or current contacts. I, stupidly, picked all contacts because I wasn't sure what it meant. Now I'm regretting it and cannot figure out a way to get that option back. Even tried reseting the phone to factory settings. No change.

For now, when I go into contacts I jut have to change groups from all contacts to phone contacts. Those are all the numbers that were in initially. Here's hoping they can fix this problem because there are very few people that have friends on Facebook that they want to call or email on a regular basis!

leakim13

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed squidly's new rom and installed the full blur option, never redownloaded the market facebook and it is now not an issue... just a heads up