Droid 2 bootloop

pender45

Reaction score
I recently flashed Liberty3 D2-2.0 Gold to my droid 2. I decided to flash steel droid (I can't remember which version) the other night, and since my phone was on gingerbread and not froyo, it put my phone in bootloop. I can get it into android system recovery <3e> but that gets nothing done. I can also get into the boot screen but I can't seem to find the right sbf file or a working RSD. I currently have the sbf: VRZ_A955_2.3.20_1FF_01f
I want to make sure that is the right one, I am worried about really messing up my phone and all that. Also RSD 4.7 won't recognize my phone and I can't find a working link to any newer RSD versions. If anyone can help I'd greatly appreciate it since I've read through this site and many others for 2 days now and I keep going around in circles. Its so hard to find what I need since it always seems like I end up finding either droid 2 global stuff or droid X stuff.

PLEASE HELP!!!

also I have bootstrap, titanium backup, and clockwork installed on my phone

OP
P

pender45

Reaction score
can anyone help? I've been searching for hours and all I find is dead links and different situations...

americanz

Reaction score
Google rsd lite and you can get current version. And the sbf file you have should work fine

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

OP
P

pender45

Reaction score
it took me a while to find but I finally found RDD lite 5.6 and now I'm just waiting to find someone with a droid since my batteries don't have enough in them to program the phone.

Also here's the links to the RSD lite 5.6 file in case anyone else is looking for it. A lot of the other links are dead but this one still works. Download RSD Lite v5.6.zip

OP
P

pender45

Reaction score
one more thing, is there any way to charge my battery? I can't find anyone at school with a droid, so is there any other way?

Edit:Figured it out, had to strip an old usb cord and hold the ends on the battery to charge it manually.

Last edited:
OP
P

pender45

Reaction score
okay well i finally got rsd lite to recognize my phone, got my battery charged enough to work, and now I'm getting an error when I run RSD:

failed flashing process, error processing flash file (8x700F); phone connected

I have no idea what this means, I am looking for another sbf file now, hopefully that helps. Can anyone guide me?? Not having a phone is killin me

OP
P

pender45

Reaction score
I was in bootloader, turns out i had a bad sbf file, downloaded a new one and it worked like a charm

unfortunately its just one problem after another, I tried to root my phone again and it keeps saying its a read only system. Starting to think I got another bad file or did something wrong. Anyone else run into this before or have any advice? I'm researching now but a quick answer would be nice

OP
P

pender45

Reaction score
I've tried Motorola one click, DO Root, and Motofail

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try ZergRush if you're on GB. Z4 or Gingerbreak should work on Froyo.

MIUI 2012.3.6

OP
P

pender45

Reaction score
did gingerbreak, took a while to figure out why it wasn't letting me move it to the sd card, my virus thing kept quarantining it. but finally installed but just kept running and running. I let it run through a whole episode of breaking bad so i figure its not gonna work. I'm going to try the other one now if i can figure it out

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would uninstall the antivirus app. I used to run one and all it did was slow my phone down. I have been without one for almost a year and have had no issues.

MIUI 2012.3.6