Droid 1. paralyzed @ bootloader! Even verizion can't fix it!

Cajacobson

Reaction score
Phone:droid 1 (current)-Verizon flashed me back.
Rom:stock frg83d
Kernel:stock

The other day when i was texting my phone randomly booted in to bootloader and wouldnt boot to Android no matter what.

However i could still access recovery.

This was when i was running PE 6.5, and his 1.1 sv kernal which ran great until then.

so i boot to recovery, wipe everything and switched to a old backup of U.D 2.5. and tried to reboot.

it booted to android for about 2 mins then shut off and rebooted to boot loader.

So i take it to the next step, i wipe everything. and flash peter's Frg22d .sbf file via rsd lite. got to 99% and failed, so i did it multiple times and it seemed to take.

Phone boots up fine and works great till i log into my gmail account.
So im fed up and decide to take it to verizon.

They mess with it for five hours and get it working again i go pick it up and sign into my gmail, and try to update the facebook app it, then it reboots to bootloader again...

So now im completely lost, i have no idea why it keeps doing this. i can access recovery and boot loader thats it, i can also flash different recoverys. but always boots to bootloader. Any idea where i should start?

comk4ver

Reaction score
let me start with this that facebook app is completely crazy it causes alot of issues with Android phone i recommend you start with getting rid of this app. after that, make a backup of your sd card and format the sd card on your phone. Thirdly, try going back to rooted stock rom without any apps. If everything stays sane then slowly add one app at a time from the market; if you are using titanium backup don't not restore the app+data. Restoring data messes up alot of phones i recommend restoring app only! good luck and let us know what's up!

OP
C

Cajacobson

Reaction score
I got it to boot up again by pluging it in via usb, haha just my luck, im gonna copy my sd and delete some old pointless stuff.then format it, ill keep everyone updated

OP
C

Cajacobson

Reaction score
I formatted the sd card, and tried to get rid of facebook. the only thing it would let me do is update. i tried and it caused my phone to go into boot loader.... hmmm something isnt right lol

OP
C

Cajacobson

Reaction score
what of my hardware would cause it to do this?

wseyller

Reaction score
Who knows exacty. Being that software can't fix the problem that it makes it easy to assume a hardware issue. Could be a bad capacitor or resistor is that is burned out somewhere on a board. Just like water and electronics can cause strange unpredictable issues.

there likely is a particular board that probably could be replaced to fix the problem. Maybe the same section that hold the processor/ram but I'm just guessing. The D1 is so old that it probably isn't worth the trouble to buy a parts phone to fix it. Some parts would change your esn so you have to be aware of that.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
C

Cajacobson

Reaction score
Huh... i've had the phone for about a year. been through many roms, and kernals, but i never had anything like this. i just need it to last me about 2 more weeks till i get my buddies X. when i plug it into the usb it flashes up quick with a android system page. then goes away? kinda weird. at least now it isnt totally stuck in bootloader but when it boots too it, takes like 8-10 tries to get it to boot normal. rather annoying

wseyller

Reaction score
Have you tried a different battery. Could be something simple as that. Honestly I doubt it would be the problem but worth a try.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
C

Cajacobson

Reaction score
Yeah it is worth a shot, the phone has been acting good so ill wait and see. I think the SD card wipe helped out. I've been running for about 1 hour but I'm scared to reboot lol

OP
C

Cajacobson

Reaction score
The phone stayed up and running all night, i think the sd card wipe did it i havent had any problems since i did. im gonna add things one by one and see if it holds up. So far so good dancedroid