Droid stuck in bootloader

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by droidyd, Mar 28, 2010.

1. droidyd

droidyd New Member

Hi I'm new to the forum and was wondering if someone could help me with my problem. My Droid is stuck in Bootloader and tried rebooting reflashing rom and rebooting and even after successfully rebooting, mind you after many attempts, by keeping the power button pressed all the way through to boot completion. Unfortunately after booting up successfully it rebooted and it's back to bootloader. I am on UD 8.1.1 and before all this tried the free100mb script through Terminal Emulator on Friday, and since Saturday morning it's bootloader all the way:frown: Again I would appreciate any help that anyone can give, if it's possible, thank you.
  2. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

if you cant get into sprecovery to do a reset or nandroid restore, your other choice would be to flash the sbf back to stock, but this is fairly risky
  3. droidyd

droidyd New Member

Hi tktouch12 thanks for responding to my call for help. My phone was fine Saturday morning but after an hour of not using and then going to use the phone I noticed it was in BOOTLOADER without me having done anything. One thing I forgot to mention is that I downloaded RSDLITE 4.6.7 and the .SBF file for 2.0.1 but when trying to flash it, it finished with a FAIL. Am I doing something wrong or did I maybe download the wrong version of RSDLITE or .SBF file? Also, I flashed CLOCKWORK RECOVERY with ROM MANAGER over SPRECOVERY last week and downloaded ULTIMATE DROID 8.1.1 and flashed it and tried to flash ADAMZ 1.2GHZ kernel but it wouldn't take. In addition, I used the free100md script through TERMINAL EMULATOR. Wondering if any of these things may have caused a conflict. I would really appreciate any help or suggestions if possible, thanks.
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2010
  4. jstafford1

jstafford1 DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

I have read you might have to try a few times with rsdlite before it works. By bootloader what do you mean exactly. I've never heard of it booting straight to the bootloader before.
  5. Tanknspank

Tanknspank Beta Team Premium Member

Are you stuck at the M logo? I think you might be confusing what bootloader really is. If your stock at the M logo, your not stuck in the bootloader. To actually get into the bootloader you would hold up on the dpad while holding the power button.
  6. jstafford1

I was thinking the same.....wanted to be clear though.
  7. droidyd

droidyd New Member

Well the phone was fine Saturday morning after making a call on it but after that call I hadn't used the phone for anything for about an hour. When I tried to use it I see the screen is black and displaying:

Bootloader
    2c.6c

Battery OK
    OK TO PROGRAM
    CONNECT USB
    DATA CABLE

That's what I get but I had success getting it to boot up at first by turning it on and off which didn't work until I tried holding the power button down all the way through the boot up. Of course it rebooted and it went back to bootloader. Even tried reflashing UD 8.1.1, nothing, the same. You say you heard that I may have to try RSDLITE SEVERAL MORE TIMES?
  8. jstafford1

Well that is the boot loader....weird. can you boot into recovery to flash a different backup?
  9. droidyd

droidyd New Member

Yea I tried reflashing UD 8.0 back on and reflashing UD 8.1.1, nothing. What should I do?
  10. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

ok, both times i've used rsdlite on my droid i have ended with errors, but the flashes still work for me. the errors i got were just that the radio flash didnt go through. i would try it again and even if you get an error, it should boot up just fine
  11. droidyd

droidyd New Member

Ok, I'll try RSDLITE again but just so you'll no what the error says and I'm sure you know this too it says : Not enough flash image files created. So for sure try it again?
  12. jstafford1

I'm gonna have to defer this one. I'm not real familiar with the sbf, just the little I've read. I'll keep an eye out though.
  13. droidyd

droidyd New Member

Thanks a lot I appreciate it. Here is the .SBF file that I'm using incase you need to know: VZW_A855_ESD56_QSC6085BP_C_01.3E.01P_SW_UPDATE_03.sbf. Again, thanks.
  14. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

well, my errors are these , so theyre not too serious. i would probably try again. but tell me again, what happens after you try to use rsdlite?
  15. tktouch12

tktouch12 New Member

BTW, if you do retry, get the error log out of program files>motorola>rsd lite and paste it here so we can look at all the errors and determine whats going wrong
Search tags for this page

droid stuck in bootloader

droid stuck in bootloader after rom
how to exit bootloader droid
how to flash motorola xprt stuck in booting
motorola droid 4 stuck in bootloader mode after removing bat
motorola xprt stuck bootloader
motorola xprt stuck in bootloader
motorola xprt stuck on moto screen
porque aparece bootloader 2c.6c battery ok ok to program con
stuck in bootloader droid x will not reset