DROID 1 Memory full

usafretired

Reaction score
My phone is telling me my memory is full. When I plug the phone to my PC I see many folders with odd labels. This is very hard to read. How do I know one folder from another? Which folder is my memory card? Can I just move files to the memory card to clear memory on the phone? Please Help.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
All the files you see on the pc are on your sdcard. What your phone is telling you most likely is its out of RAM. Try moving some apps to your sdcard and that should help.

end of line...

estafusisx

Reaction score
You mean system (or internal) memory moving Apps to sdcard wouldn't do a thing about RAM. Other than that you're right.

[X] DINC2 stock 2.3.3
[ ] OG Droid SS 5.4 - ChevyNo1 1.1 Ghz ulv
[ ] Moto Xoom stock

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
You mean system (or internal) memory moving Apps to sdcard wouldn't do a thing about RAM. Other than that you're right.

[X] DINC2 stock 2.3.3
[ ] OG Droid SS 5.4 - ChevyNo1 1.1 Ghz ulv
[ ] Moto Xoom stock

Yeah....at work and meant to edit it...but you beat me to it.

end of line...

OP
U

usafretired

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I moved all apps that I could to the SD card. I cleared out some texts. I cleared my browsers cache and cookies. Thats brought me from under 25 MB of free space to 37.66 MB. I guess that will keep me going for now, but I wish I could increase the free space more to make sure the phone doesn't lock up when I really need it.