New member, couple of burning questions

michaelbuffalo

Reaction score
Greetings from Upstate South Carolina. My name is Michael Buffalo Smith. I am a music journalist, author and performing artist. I bought my droid in December at Walmart. I entered my model number in my registration, but I really want to know exactly what to call my phone. It's a Samdung and I think it's a Galaxy. I just want to post in the right forum....Two questions. I have a memory card in it that is barely used. I put one app on it. All of my other apps say that they cannot be moved to the card. I don't really understand. I started out downloading lots of aps, but suddenly my memory was almost full. So I deleted most of them. Now I have the factory installed aps and Facebook and just 2 others, but it says memory is almost full. Same with texting. I deleted all the threads, but it is rejecting incoming messages saying the memory is full. What I can't figure is how to utilize the memory on the card and take some of the burden off of the phones internal memory. I bought a magazine about androids that was nearly 20 bucks, no answers. Been surfing he web, no answers. Then I found you guys and happily registered. Can anyone help a brutha out? :blink:

OP
M

michaelbuffalo

Reaction score
Thanks. I did that though, but it would not allow me to move but one ap to the SD card. Somehow there is a lot of memory being used or something. I download no movies or music, no photos... weird.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm seems like it comes with 384mb if ram. Most of which goes to run the OS. So how many apps do you have installed and how many gb is the microSD card?

OP
M

michaelbuffalo

Reaction score
It says 282 MB RAM, 116mb*used
Storage, says "Program" 147 used out of 161MB.
The card is 1.86 Gig 72 MB used
Still saying text memory is full, although there are NO texts saved at all....
apps... DOWNLOADED APS, Facebook 28.89MB, Google Store 6.80MB, Paypal 1.32MB, my bank, 5.47, Twitter 5.93MB, Google search 1.28 MB, street view 600KB (Paypal is on the SD card, the only one it would let me store there)...

Okay. I stopped while writing this note after downloading Froyo and using it. Then my Program memory dropped to 127 used out of 161MB ... It still seems like a lot of memory being used... Not sure exactly what Froyo did, but I got SOME memory. Wish I could store things on the SD card, but most apps won't go on there....

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Go to settings/apps/manage apps/all/messaging (or whatever the text app is called) and wipe data/cache. Or reboot the device if you haven't.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome!

Hopefully you get your issue resolved...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums. Hopefully you are able to get everything figured out and working again.