Droid 1 Gallery Video Problems

Varda

Reaction score
So, I updated to 2.2 this morning on my Droid 1, and my disappointment is palpable. I've been watching videos on my Droid since I got the thing without any real problems. But now the gallery is all but useless for this application. Since the update, I start watching a video, and everything seems fine for minute or two. Any longer than that, however, and the phone becomes completely unresponsive. The video continues playing, but none of the physical buttons on the phone respond to user input, and eventually, (after about 10 to 15 minutes) the phone will just power cycle. This happens consistently and I've reproduced this issue about 10 times now. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Hopefully FRG22 will address this, but if anyone else has a workaround, I'd be glad to hear it.

ericanderson

Reaction score
Video problems after 2.2

Similar problem. I have ripped numerous streams, DVD's, etc. and watched them on the Droid with little problem (occasional hangup, but rarely). After the "upgrade" a day or two ago, the phone freezes almost every time I try to watch a video. Same problem whether I try to watch through Gallery or through the separate Videos app. About the only thing I can get to play are very small files; anything of any length either won't play or quickly hangs and the phone becomes unresponsive.

Definitely big problems with how 2.2 is handling video.