Drivers won't install properly

Veganlady

Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm trying to install RSD and Moto device manager so I can get my Bionic back to stock. I flashed the 2233 update a few months ago because of data dropping and now I'd like back on the OTA path. I can't get the drivers to install all the way. I downloaded a fresh Moto device manger from Moto's website. It looks like it installs correctly, but when I plug in the phone it says unknown error occurred, reattach the smartphone and try again. I've uninstalled and reinstalled many times, on every USB port in my laptop. RSD can see the phone, but trying to get it to install anyway gives me an error right off he bat. Failed flashing process 1/22 (or up to 5/22 one time) phone returned FAIL. (thanks for the caps, Moto, in case I didn't realize I suck)

So there's where I got really stupid. I tried to flash 905 from stock recovery. Now I'm bricked. I suspect that if I can get RSD to work, I'll be back in it. I'm just at a loss how to do that.

Any insight or advice would be much appreciated.

ETA - I am using a stock cable and the battery is fully charged.

z96Cobra

Reaction score
Uninstall all moto drivers and then reboot your computer. Re-download the latest drivers from moto, just in case your original download was corrupt. Re-install the drivers & try again.