Drew Garen ROMs?

CHP

Reaction score
Has anybody tried any of these ROMs from Drew Garen?
LexLite, R2D2 Remix, Kennedy, ZapX Bazinga.

what are your thoughts on them?

Gzsmooth

Reaction score
Ive tried the ZapX 2.4 and liked it a lot. No issues @ all that I noticed, No FCs, it was fast everything worked well and smooth. But I dont see much in the way of info from the forums about his ROMs and not sure why???

pkbest

Reaction score
Has anybody tried any of these ROMs from Drew Garen?
LexLite, R2D2 Remix, Kennedy, ZapX Bazinga.

what are your thoughts on them?

I've been here for a little while now and never even heard of Drew Garen 0.o. I have heard of the R2D2 Remix, because I know there is one for D2 (not able to be used on D2 R2D2).

Maybe you should dig in and find out the info for DF? BROWNIE POINTS! lol

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can always check out our sister site Droid X Forum

I've spoken to drew over there on several occasions so I know he's around.

silasrye

Reaction score
Im using lexlite 1.6 and like it a lot. I've been using drew Garden Rome exclusively for atleast a couple months

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

codythibeauuu

Reaction score
The only thing keeping me from these ROMs is the fact that the newer releases come pre-themed. I think it should be up to the end user to do so. At least that's how the new Bazinga releases are.

OP
C

CHP

Reaction score
I barely see any posts anywhere about this ROM. I guess it must have VERY few issues? Anyways... Installing LexLite 1.6. Sweet boot animation, nice transitions. Still just signing in to Google. Getting hot reboots???

edit: SBF'ing because I did something funny during install. Retrying as soon as i get this done :p

Last edited:

Gzsmooth

Reaction score
Make sure you follow the install directions from his website

mpicher

Reaction score
I used Drew's zapx bazinga and was happy with it. His docs are great for upgrading.

I just changed a couple weeks ago to try something different.

OP
C

CHP

Reaction score
Got it working. Had to start from STOCK 2.3.340. Anyways. I'm really liking LexLite. Nice theme and all around fast and stable.

AMelis

Reaction score
I have been using the ZapX BAZINGA series exclusively for some time. I am on ZapX BAZINGA 2.4 now and love it. Smooth, fast and enough blur that I can use corporate mail, which is a must.

They do come pre-themed, and I liked it better than the themes I had. Even then, I could always change elements using Metamorph if I wanted it. Same thing with other enclosed programs. I like ^3 better as a music player than Music Mod, for example. No problem.

I am eagerly awaiting ZapX BAZINGA 2.5 and the GingerBread flavor as well. And Drew has been very responsive, and has everything on his site to get you out of trouble....

Gzsmooth

Reaction score
Anyone know if 3g hotspot works w Lexlite 1.6??

pkbest

Reaction score
I was reading up on these since your post and it says on his posts that you have to be running the .340 leak? It said that SOME OTA .340 updates seem to work and some .315 seem to work but couldn't guarantee anything. I think I will wait for a future update before deciding to jump on trying these. Too much risk.

AMelis

Reaction score
I was reading up on these since your post and it says on his posts that you have to be running the .340 leak? It said that SOME OTA .340 updates seem to work and some .315 seem to work but couldn't guarantee anything. I think I will wait for a future update before deciding to jump on trying these. Too much risk.

I am on OTA .340.