Dreadful update

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I've just had an auto update installed of a new OS...IT SUCKS! Don't do it. They have arrogantly decided to completely change the UI and screw everything up. Apps don't work, backgrounds are hideous white and not the more user friendly black with white writing..(and no choices!)...and they've added this infuriating "dock" of icons at the bottom of the screen which you can't get rid of. For God's sake, Google/Motorola...you are NOT iPhone! For all our sakes, stop trying to BE iPhone! Everything is less convenient! I really hate it when they do this stuff with NO warning, NO instructions of how to figure it out, and NO options to customize!

SHAME ON MOTOROLA AND GOOGLE!

Seriously?
You're going to complain about the background of the settings area?
First off...you are wrong. Black writing on a white background is widely known to be easier on the eyes and more user friendly (I'm a graphic artist...this stuff I know). White text on a black background is hard on the eyes, and difficult for older folks to read, especially if the fonts are somewhat small.

I haven't had any issues with apps not working on GB since the update.

The dock of icons was there in Froyo...it's always been there. And it's actually better on GB. Now, you don't have to wait a couple seconds for the home icon to slide away to choose a docked icon. Much better.

I like GB much better than Froyo.

JensGems

Reaction score
home is West Coast/working and living on the East
Help... Every since the update, my browser continually force closes every few minute if not within seconds of being opened. Also, my battery is only lasting an 60-90 minutes at a time before the phone goes dead. It used to last all day from 6am til I got home from work about 8pm and still have a little power left. I cant even run cardio trainer on a run now because its dead before my run is finished... hw can I fix this? And another thing. Its giving me fits while I'm trying to go back and correct typos. The screen keeps scrolling away from where I am trying to be to delete and fix things. Its not letting do anything...

Last edited:

tones

Reaction score
Seriously?
You're going to complain about the background of the settings area?
First off...you are wrong. Black writing on a white background is widely known to be easier on the eyes and more user friendly (I'm a graphic artist...this stuff I know). White text on a black background is hard on the eyes, and difficult for older folks to read, especially if the fonts are somewhat small.
I'm going to have to disagree w/ u on this one. As someone w/ macular degeneration (a eye disease that is normally more prevalent in older ppl) I am having an extremely difficult time using my droid2 since the GB update, because of the black txt on a white background. white txt om a black background was so much easier for me to read and i would like the choice to have it back. This should be an available under the accessability options like the high contrast option on a Windows pc. I love the GB update otherwise, but I am getting very frustrated trying to use my phone. Even using the music player is difficult now. Dropdown menus on web pages and app log-ins are useless now as they are white txt on a white background.

It may be true that for normal sighted ppl that black txt on a white background is easier to read, but Motorola should realize that not everyone that uses their phones is so lucky to have good eyesight.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums