Download unsecessful?

soulshot96

Reaction score
Every time I try to download something in my browser or chrome I get this error. Takes like 12 tries to get it to download and even that's not working any more. Anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

turdbogls

Reaction score
I was, just go Settings>apps>all>download manager>clear data/cache and force stop it. then give it a go.
worked for me. and i was having the exact same problem.

MrKleen

Reaction score
When this happens do a reboot and try again.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I was, just go Settings>apps>all>download manager>clear data/cache and force stop it. then give it a go.
worked for me. and i was having the exact same problem.

If this doesn't work, you might download an alternate browser to attempt the download - i.e. boat browser or dolphin hd...

atreyu381

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If the alternate browsers don't work or you don't want them, there is an app called "downloadallfiles" in the market. Give that a go

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OP
soulshot96

soulshot96

Reaction score
OK I tried cleaning cache and data and stopping it but it still doesn't wanna download things from any browser. I guess I'll just have to use my computer and either copy it over or email it to myself. Thanks for the help guys.

atreyu381

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OK I tried cleaning cache and data and stopping it but it still doesn't wanna download things from any browser. I guess I'll just have to use my computer and either copy it over or email it to myself. Thanks for the help guys.

Did you try "downloadallfiles" from the market?

tw15egan

Reaction score

I have had the same problem, it doesn't seem to be triggered by anything in particular. It also happened across multiple browsers. If clearing cache and restarting didn't work, I would suggest downloadallfiles ! Also, make sure it is not a problem with the file (aka the file was removed from the file-serve)

OP
soulshot96

soulshot96

Reaction score
One of the first things I did was try downloadallfiles, didn't work, I did go back to my old fascinate running ics and try to download something in the browser and it didn't work there either, I think its an ics thing.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
One of the first things I did was try downloadallfiles, didn't work, I did go back to my old fascinate running ics and try to download something in the browser and it didn't work there either, I think its an ics thing.

I get this from time to time. Stock browser always works first time. Chrome has issues though. Sometimes I have to retry multiple times. Just go into the downloads app and keep hitting retry on the file you need. Sucks, but it works. I'm thinking it's an ICS thing, so hopefully it will be resolved.