Download and Install Google Calendar 5.0 NOW!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Google has updated the calendar app in a huge way. This update brings much more than just a new material theme. There is plenty of new smart user experience enhancements. There is an all new "schedule layout" including a day and 5 day view. This also integrates events from Gmail and reminders, it also inserts images like a map when events have specific locations. There is also a schedule view widget included. This update now runs on all Android devices sporting version 4.0.3 or higher. You could wait around for Google to push the update to your device or you could download the apk from the link below. This is signed by google and will replace your current Gmail app.

Via Android Police

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Took me forever to get it to download without failing. Apkmirror servers must be getting hammered.

If you're existing the same thing, here's the exact same APK, that I uploaded to Google Drive.

com.google.android.calendar-5.0-1554015-2014102731-minAPI15-2.apk - Google Drive

UPDATE: My theory is, since the file is hosted in Drive, Drive tries to open it if you've got Drive installed on your phone, but it can't. Use a file Explorer app to open/install.

Sent from my Note 4

Last edited:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Downloaded but cannot open :(

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Xparent Tapatalk
Had the same issue on my gf's phone for some reason. I was able to open it by navigating to it using astro file manager & got her up & running.

Sent from my Note 4

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Had the same issue on my gf's phone for some reason. I was able to open it by navigating to it using astro file manager & got her up & running.

Sent from my Note 4

I'll try that. Thank you sir!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Not a problem. The original from apkmirror opened just fine on my Note 4, but we used my link on her s4. Not sure what's causes the issue, but like I said, she got it installed.

Sent from my Note 4

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not a problem. The original from apkmirror opened just fine on my Note 4, but we used my link on her s4. Not sure what's causes the issue, but like I said, she got it installed.

Sent from my Note 4

Got it installed with Root Explorer. Thanks for sharing!

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Got it installed with Root Explorer. Thanks for sharing!

After the hard time I had getting the file, I had to share the wealth. Got it on like the 8th try, but it was CREEPING along every time on my 60mbps wifi connection.

Sent from my Note 4

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
After the hard time I had getting the file, I had to share the wealth. Got it on like the 8th try, but it was CREEPING along every time on my 60mbps wifi connection.

Sent from my Note 4

Lol!

angelman

Reaction score
Ohh new stuff. Thanks!
Dumb question but do I need to be rooted for this? I tried installing on my Verizon HTC One and after it brings up the info about new permissions and saying installing it quickly comes back and says App not installed

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Dumb question but do I need to be rooted for this? I tried installing on my Verizon HTC One and after it brings up the info about new permissions and saying installing it quickly comes back and says App not installed
No. Its signed by google.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
What version of Android are you running?

Sent from my Note 4