Download and Install Google Calendar 5.0 NOW!

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I really like the new Google Calendar, but found one minor issue that is bugging me. Unless I have just totally overlooked it, there are no options to mark the event time as either "Available" or "Busy" like there is in the stock Calendar app. I use the Moto Assist app and it goes into Meeting Mode when it sees my calendar events that are marked as "Busy". Since switching to the Google Calendar, Assist goes into Meeting Mode for every even I create since I can't differentiate them as Available or Busy. It's not critical, I can just select "I'm Not In A Meeting" to dismiss Meeting Mode and I'm going to keep using Google Calendar...just thought I would mention it. I might have overlooked a Setting somewhere in the app.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I really like the new Google Calendar, but found one minor issue that is bugging me. Unless I have just totally overlooked it, there are no options to mark the event time as either "Available" or "Busy" like there is in the stock Calendar app. I use the Moto Assist app and it goes into Meeting Mode when it sees my calendar events that are marked as "Busy". Since switching to the Google Calendar, Assist goes into Meeting Mode for every even I create since I can't differentiate them as Available or Busy. It's not critical, I can just select "I'm Not In A Meeting" to dismiss Meeting Mode and I'm going to keep using Google Calendar...just thought I would mention it. I might have overlooked a Setting somewhere in the app.
Good to know. I rarely mess with my availability settings when creating events, so I hadn't even noticed.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Good to know. I rarely mess with my availability settings when creating events, so I hadn't even noticed.

I had never really used it either on all my previous phones. But since getting the Maxx I started using Assist quite a bit, that's the only reason I noticed.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Found it! It's Busy by default when you're on the screen to create an event. I don't find anything for default availability, but maybe it'll learn?

When creating, tap where it says Busy & it bring the popup where you can select available.
a793869942a64b39185ece212ee78902.jpg

I can see how it would be nice to set you as available by default, depending on personal preference...

Sent from my Note 4

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Found it! It's Busy by default when you're on the screen to create an event. I don't find anything for default availability, but maybe it'll learn?

When creating, tap where it says Busy & it bring the popup where you can select available.
I can see how it would be nice to set you as available by default, depending on personal preference...

Sent from my Note 4
I see it now, thank you Sir! However, on my phone that option is only there for my Local Phone calendar and not my G-Mail / Google calendar. I have the local phone calendar set to not sync, but I guess I can start using it instead of my G Mail calendar. Thanks for finding the Available / Busy setting! :cool:

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I see it now, thank you Sir! However, on my phone that option is only there for my Local Phone calendar and not my G-Mail / Google calendar. I have the local phone calendar set to not sync, but I guess I can start using it instead of my G Mail calendar. Thanks for finding the Available / Busy setting! :cool:
That's strange, the calendar that I was "creating an event in" to show you that option is a Shared google calendar that my girlfriend and I use so we know what each other has scheduled as far as work and other appointments without having to sit down and fill out a paper calendar (she still does this for herself. IDK why) or manually type each other's events into our own phones.

Long story short, it's a calendar that I created, tied to my gmail account, that I gave her permissions to access/edit/etc and it offers the choice of busy vs. available.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
That's strange, the calendar that I was "creating an event in" to show you that option is a Shared google calendar that my girlfriend and I use so we know what each other has scheduled as far as work and other appointments without having to sit down and fill out a paper calendar (she still does this for herself. IDK why) or manually type each other's events into our own phones.

Long story short, it's a calendar that I created, tied to my gmail account, that I gave her permissions to access/edit/etc and it offers the choice of busy vs. available.
I also have a shared calendar that I use to keep my wife and I updated with family events...I have been doing that for years and it works great. She doesn't understand the "magic" behind it, but that's not important. Here is what my screen looks like:

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416589819483.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1416589819483.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 117

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I also have a shared calendar that I use to keep my wife and I updated with family events...I have been doing that for years and it works great. She doesn't understand the "magic" behind it, but that's not important. Here is what my screen looks like:

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
How strange...