Don't drink the poison Kool-Aid!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Killed my X2 last night, sob. I tripped and fell into the swimming pool.
Not just a pool but one with a salt chlorination system, salty enough to taste.
Sob. I rolled out in seconds pulled the battery, I warmed it with hair dryer, and put it into rice for several hours.
It's still not coming back when I try, sickly buzz, blue led, (blue is bad isn't it?)

I got to Verizon and they say well since you're an idiot and didn't have insurance you can use your upgrade early!

Oh kay,,,What phone? Any used and repaired phone that they may have on hand.

How about a Droid Charge, hm, not bad but I loose my upgrade in January right?

Yes you do, and they wanted $150 for the slightly used Charge. (Cheerful guy.)

Naw, (took about .5 second)
With wonder phones coming out in weeks to months I can live with my old OG Droid.

Then it hit me, can't I buy a X2 off ebay and have it activated?

srvctec

Reaction score
A couple of things here, although it appears too late.

I would have just let it dry in front of a fan, NOT a hair dryer- too much heat. I also wouldn't have tried to turn it on or even put the battery back in it for at least 2 days. Use this advice for future reference. :)

Sent from my DROID X2

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not just a pool but one with a salt chlorination system, salty enough to taste.
Sob. I rolled out in seconds pulled the battery, I warmed it with hair dryer, and put it into rice for several hours.
It's still not coming back when I try, sickly buzz, blue led, (blue is bad isn't it?)

I got to Verizon and they say well since you're an idiot and didn't have insurance you can use your upgrade early!

Oh kay,,,What phone? Any used and repaired phone that they may have on hand.

How about a Droid Charge, hm, not bad but I loose my upgrade in January right?

Yes you do, and they wanted $150 for the slightly used Charge. (Cheerful guy.)

Naw, (took about .5 second)
With wonder phones coming out in weeks to months I can live with my old OG Droid.

Then it hit me, can't I buy a X2 off ebay and have it activated?

Yes - Ebay or Craigs list. Just be careful that you get a phone with a good history. If possible buy it locally and meet the person at a Verizon store. That way you can have it activated immediately and know for sure whether it's good or not.

OP
JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. Good way to get a safe used phone.

I already miss it, my D1 is so slow,,,

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Get the Nexus or the Razr!!! I'm sure you can hang in with an OG for a couple more days (Weeks)! ;) Or since they probably won't have any used ones on hand for a little while, see if they have a used Bionic for ya! :)

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

Last edited:
OP
JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
That's the point, you can't use your early update for the new wonder phones. You only get to choose a used phone. At a lousy price too!

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Thats bull...I got my brand new x2 when I forced verizon to give me an early upgrade! They are lying when they say they can only give you a cpo phone...call tech support, tell them u were offered an early upgrade and they will tell you how to get a NEW phone...and if all else fails, say ur switching to sprint...they'll s ur d to keep you after that. For future reference, buy insurance. And call customer service instead of going to the store for issues such as this one...the people on the phone take way better care of you! Hope this helped! :)

swyped and sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
That's the point, you can't use your early update for the new wonder phones. You only get to choose a used phone. At a lousy price too!

Welp, the Bionic isn't a new wonderfone since razr is out... Couldn't you get them to give you a used one of those?

Swyped and sent through the interwebz to you!

OP
JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions, but I've only have to wait 2-1/2 months and the Razr or Nexus might be cheaper then!
Also the way tech in evolving early next year, hmmmm!?!
After all my OG is workable if I keep it simple and keep lots of RAM free.
If I get weak, well I guess I could use a Bionic, if I have too :)

Yeah I agree noobsterooster, I learned a few months ago, that if this guy couldn't help come back a few days later and
whine a bit. I'll try tech support, thanks.

Insurance, now you tell me.

Until now I have never lost or damaged any of my phones so I thought it was a waste.

Last edited:

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
A couple of things here, although it appears too late.

I would have just let it dry in front of a fan, NOT a hair dryer- too much heat. I also wouldn't have tried to turn it on or even put the battery back in it for at least 2 days. Use this advice for future reference. :)

Sent from my DROID X2

This.

NEVER try to use a hair dryer and depending on how deep the device was submerged for. I would have had it stayed 24-48 hours.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
This.

NEVER try to use a hair dryer and depending on how deep the device was submerged for. I would have had it stayed 24-48 hours.

I think it was dead when I pulled it from my belt.

The screen was jumping from app to app the speaker was squacking. Oh well, of course you're right no reason for a big rush.

Live and learn or live anyway

PS I called 611 and can have any phone I like! A Bionic sure!
Now which one should I get?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
See?! I knew you could do it! I just managed to get verizon to pay me back 250 dollars for my x2 because they double charged my account...so now I made a profit on getting a new phone lol!

Swyped and Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

DJTURNz

Reaction score
I have had good success with liquid damage recovery using desiccant packs in a Ziploc for 24-48a hours. You may have had better luck if you were able to open the phone and clean the PCB with distilled water, and then drying. But its hard to tell. the LCD and battery are more vulnerable to issues after getting wet than the circuit board components.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

sorry man but that made me laugh... sucks u had ur phone on u though.... when my d1 crapped out I said to myself why pay 100 for insurance claim or renew early for no reason and got a practically new dx for 150 w no contract from Craigslist ... I can always resell it but I use it to play games and music

Heywood

Reaction score
I sprayed my DX2 with a couple coats of that water repellent stuff works great!

...umm no;)