Does your Droid heat up?

guitarboy1193

Reaction score
When I had my Droid 1, I didn't have any heat problems, and when I rooted it, it would get hot but only when running 1ghz overlook or higher for awhile. While charging it might get up to 100 degrees, but I charged it in a dock and that seems to have helped. But even at the heaviest use, I've only ever seen 130 degrees Fahrenheit. Maybe trying a different kernel would help, if rooted that is. If not rooted, then I have no idea lol

sent from my BAMF HTC thunderbolt!

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
idk...my droid is weird...when its charging, i slide it open bc it seems to help and it stays at 108-110F and then after like 4 hrs, itll go up to 120 and up...but ive tried lots of kernels...chevyno1, corcor67, and all the other kernels that the roms i've tried has...but im about to try p3droid

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
Slayher kernels worked very well for me, are you doing low voltage? Or medium? And what clock speeds?

sent from my BAMF HTC thunderbolt!

never tried it...but p3droid is the same...oh and low voltage because medium generates more heat and uses more battery...ultra low causes it to get stock at the m

Tapatalk-Motorola Droid-303!
Tap, Swype, and Talk.

Hmong
Xiong

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually depending on the phone the low voltage can get hotter than the medium voltage.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I have a droid 2 and it definately gets hot...its has reached 120 and I got a message from a battery widget saying the battery is overheating. But it usually happens when im using the wifi tether

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
Actually depending on the phone the low voltage can get hotter than the medium voltage.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I did'nt know that...hmm I'll try other medium ones than...thx

Tapatalk-Motorola Droid-303*!
Tap, Swype, and Talk.

Hmong
Xiong

NealJ777

Reaction score
Okay. I know that this is an OLD thread, but I'm going to resurrect it.

I just got my very first Smartphone (Droid Razr). No rooting, etc... Just as it is out of the box. I noticed the phone heating up at times. Today, when I made a call, the side of my face was getting toasted!

I stopped by the Verizon Store today and they offered to swap it out (if I come in with the box, etc...), but I was told that this is a known issue and there is supposed to be a firmware upgrade being released.

Any advice for a n00b?

Thank you.

tclarktc

Reaction score
My Droid was heating up slightly for a not but I has ceased for the most part. What is sending me for a loop now is that 3G is shown on white like on normal, plain CDMA and is not turning blue. However as soon as I give it a data command it is lightning fast and the arrows are visible for maybe a second. Not saying I'm complaining but it's weird. And to get back on topic my Droid has been ice cold for the past couple hours of continued use.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums